PDA

View Full Version : 21 quadra rear axle on clio

walters300
05-01-2011, 17:20
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi, I am thinking of trying to get a 21 turbo Quadra rear axle set up on to my clio turbo and then mount the F7R sideways and use a quadra gearbox, I have heard its easy to adapt the 21 gearbox to an F7R. I am wondering if the front will line up or whether the engine sits much further forward on a 21 and would make it impossible? . it doesnt matter if the axle is a lot wider as i have a wide arch kit on it.any help much appreciated

Moggy
05-01-2011, 18:21
good luck!

the 21T quadra gearbox is HUGE if you think that mounting a F engine "nose to tail" in your engine bay will put the 'rear'/flywheel in the firewall, you'll then have to fab. a transmission tunnel that will prob go to somewhere where the back of the handbrake is!!!!

your best bet is finding a smashed up kangoo trekka, and ripping the 4x4 off that! box is prob swiss cheese, but it 'should' mount up to the F engine (as i'm sure its a JCx box) and you'll have a read diff aswell!

might be best looking at the vag route although I hear the ecu's to control them can be fun to play with

plus, you've got the other problem with un7's (21tq) gearbox's, is that they are as rare as hens teeth, and I know of only 3 people who have ever taken 1 apart!

Moggy

(ex 21tq owner and ex chairman of the 21t OC!)