PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Ford Mondeo GLX

TrixNFlix
04-01-2011, 19:39
Ok, Dads had this car for 3 or 4 years without any hot heaters working. By this i mean the blowers work just no warmth. Anyways i going to have a look at it tomorrow as if i cant get i working he's gonna scrap it, as it needs a new door a wing due to some nob head ploughing into it in bolton, and fecking off without saying anything. Help me save a mondeo guys, were should i be looking. Was thinking, the heaters plastic flap is jammed? :scratch:

mike r5 gtt
04-01-2011, 19:58
not sure about the mondeo but on the fiestas the hot/cold switch is electrical and breaks down so u either get just hot or just cold.
might b worth a look

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
04-01-2011, 19:59
Help me save a mondeo guys,

Wow....I nearly fell off my chair laughing:laugh:
Are both the heater hoses getting hot?
Take the pollen filter out and see if the fan is pulling air......should get air in recirculated position too.

car.crash
04-01-2011, 19:59
Heater solonoids are popular for going wrong. Easy to swap

TrixNFlix
04-01-2011, 20:02
:) These mondeos are rare now, must only be a million of them left :p
Cheers guys i shall check all this tomorrow. :agree:

TrixNFlix
04-01-2011, 20:03
Heater solonoids are popular for going wrong. Easy to swap

Marc what are the heater solonoids?

car.crash
04-01-2011, 20:06
Marc what are the heater solonoids?

the heaters are controlloed electronically via solonoid valves on alot of fords. they open and close to adjust the heat, not sure where they are on yours but on a puma they are in the scuttle next to the matrix pipes.
check this link and see if it helps wit any problems as it helps me alot with my mk3 mondeo

done some googling and collapsed vacum pipes cause heater issues too.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Category:Mondeo_Mk2

TrixNFlix
04-01-2011, 21:08
the heaters are controlloed electronically via solonoid valves on alot of fords. they open and close to adjust the heat, not sure where they are on yours but on a puma they are in the scuttle next to the matrix pipes.
check this link and see if it helps wit any problems as it helps me alot with my mk3 mondeo

done some googling and collapsed vacum pipes cause heater issues too.
http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Category:Mondeo_Mk2

Top stuff Marc, cheers :):agree:

Alex
06-01-2011, 07:48
We had this problem years ago on the GF's Fiesta. I replaced the valve (about £50 from Ford) and it fixed it staright away......... then after a couple of years broke again! :sad2: