PDA

View Full Version : What turbo charger?

lee1707
03-01-2011, 21:11
This Question has probably been asked numerous time.

About 8 months ago i purchased a standard G plate Raider with 3 previous owners.
The car is in excellent condition with 2 small rust patches. 1 around lower edge of windscreen and the other on the passenger rear quarter at body kit mounting hole.

I have wanted an other five for almost 10 years after selling a standard Phase One, Electric Blue C plate and regretting it for ever.

The Raider is now under going a full restoration and i should get it back from shot blasting in the next 3 weeks.It then goes to have a new rear quarter fitted and windscreen surround fixed prior to a full bare shell re-spray.

The question i have is what turbo would suit the car best.
Garrett GT2554
Garrett GT2560
Garrett GT2854

Engine Spec will be as components already purchased. Wossner Pistons & Rods, Steel liners, 285 Cam, valve springs & vernier, Fully lightened and balance bottom end by Agra Precision engineering along with Uprated gaskets.

I want the car to remain looking as original as possible but have that little bit extra.

Mr Raider
03-01-2011, 21:49
Depends what kind of power you wanna be looking at and what you prefer characteristics of, T25 is popular choice, as is T28

lee1707
03-01-2011, 22:07
I'm looking for something responsive but nothing to mental perhaps around 200 bhp mark. The car will be used as more of a toy in good weather. I want the car to be reliable and user friendly