PDA

View Full Version : Megane Scenic

5teve L
03-01-2011, 11:06
Looking into buying one of these as it's a PITA to get the 3 kids in the back of the MGZR & the megane has 3 dedicated seats with isofix points. Anybody know anything about them, we are looking at the newer shape thats not much bigger than a car MPV I think they call them. 2003>
I seem to remember something about a faulty dash or something.
http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/renault-megane-scenic-mpv-petrol_2030655.jpg

Not sure wether to go for the 1.9D or the petrol engines. The wife wants the 2L T :wasntme:

TrixNFlix
03-01-2011, 11:18
Girlfriends mum and dad have had a 1.9d since new.great car, no problems apart from the dashboard failure last year. Renault replaced this for about £100 I think.Rumours were Renault wouldn't replace the dashboard at this knock down price in an import. Saying that they bought there's brand new, imported from Ireland as it saved ££££, and Renault didn't say anything when replacing the faulty dashboard.

mike r5 gtt
03-01-2011, 12:05
if the dash goes then you will have to pay £100 and renault will pay the rest.

also check that the heater blower works on all speeds because they suffer from burning the resistors out which can b expensive (dash out)

other than that there not bad cars :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-01-2011, 12:22
Window regulators, ignition coils, dashboards, heater resistors, deisel egr valves, electric handbrakes.... The list goes on. Avoid the auto like the plague....I hate the scenics in phase 2 form!
I have a megane scenic (first shape second phase) on 03 plate....Better car.

mike r5 gtt
03-01-2011, 12:27
Window regulators, ignition coils, dashboards, heater resistors, deisel egr valves, electric handbrakes.... The list goes on. Avoid the auto like the plague....I hate the scenics in phase 2 form!

spoken like a true renault tech :D

5teve L
03-01-2011, 12:39
We had one (early one W I think), the wife drove it about 5 times & we had to sell it as she didn't like the driving feel at all. To boaty for her & we had the 1.6 sport !
She hasn't driven one of the phase 2's yet but she already likes the look better & they don't seem as high ?

newbstar*
03-01-2011, 13:07
To be fair all the scenics are poo, sorry matt. But at least its not a
espace;):laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-01-2011, 13:30
To be fair all the scenics are poo, sorry matt. But at least its not a
espace;):laugh:

Very true, they are shocking.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-01-2011, 13:33
Looking into buying one of these as it's a PITA to get the 3 kids in the back of the MGZR & they have 3 dedicated seats with isofix points. Anybody know anything about them, we are looking at the newer shape thats not much bigger than a car MPV I think they call them. 2003>
I seem to remember something about a faulty dash or something.
http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/renault-megane-scenic-mpv-petrol_2030655.jpg

Not sure wether to go for the 1.9D or the petrol engines. The wife wants the 2L T :wasntme:

What ZR is it?

5teve L
03-01-2011, 16:37
What ZR is it?

2l TD 02 plate 5dr ZR in trophy yellow, why ?

It's a good car but we need something higher up so it's easy to strap all 3 in the back or something with 3 dedicated seats (which makes it alot easier TBH)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-01-2011, 17:20
'cos we were thinking of getting a smaller car and getting rid of our scenic.
Late ZR vvc/civic type r/ toledo cupra is the sort of thing/size we are after.

5teve L
03-01-2011, 19:02
'cos we were thinking of getting a smaller car and getting rid of our scenic.
Late ZR vvc/civic type r/ toledo cupra is the sort of thing/size we are after.
TBH, I think we will regret selling it, it has given us no probs apart from a chipped windscreen & a blown tyre from a pothole, gone through both MOT's while we've had it without advisories as well !
Due a service as we speak though....

Sparkie
03-01-2011, 23:31
i've got an R reg megane scenic, and its pretty reliable. - best £380 i've ever spent, courtesy of ebay. i have been running it on 17" toora's until recently, and it handled quite well. - now ive changed back to 14's and its gone very boat like. lol!

5teve L
04-01-2011, 08:34
:agree:
i've got an R reg megane scenic, and its pretty reliable. - best £380 i've ever spent, courtesy of ebay. i have been running it on 17" toora's until recently, and it handled quite well. - now ive changed back to 14's and its gone very boat like. lol!
I'll mention that to the wife, maybe she'll look at them again

Sparkie
04-01-2011, 20:44
they were 40 profile rubbers on the 17's.
the 14" wheels have 75 profiles!!!