View Full Version : Rear cage??

Tony Walker
01-01-2011, 20:55
Never seen one of these before. Anyone shed any light on it?

I like just the bottom brace with the extinguisher mount.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-5-GT-Turbo-Roll-Cage-/270685268037?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f06196845

car.crash
01-01-2011, 21:00
It's a mess and will probably buckle and kill you in a crash

Sparkie
01-01-2011, 21:08
i thought the point of a roll cage is to have a loop, so that when the A, B and C pillars collapse the cage remains intact, thus saving your life. That thing looks suspiciously as though the arms would collapse, or worse would fold flat crushing your back.....

Tony Walker
01-01-2011, 21:10
Yeah seems a bit funny to position one half way down the other surely that would just bend the other bar in an impact. seems silly to support the rear and not the front. Must transport something in the boot more valuable than his own life.

Alastair
01-01-2011, 21:17
And the CO2 extinguisher is held in place by Jubilee clips... quick release ;)

You wouldn't catch me using a CO2 inside the car with me in it... we use CO2 drench on my ship and it is lethal stuff above 5%. Brig back Halon drench... BCF/BTM and sod the ozone :laugh:

Woznaldo
01-01-2011, 21:23
Like the ad says, he's not sure what brand it is and probably exactly what it is. It could be just for stiffening the rear and not a safety item at all. You can buy something similar for older 911's.

I still wouldn't use thing!

Tony Walker
01-01-2011, 21:26
lol didnt look that close, he'd have to be quick with his 7mm or screwdriver while his cars burning around him lol
My dad was welding my sisters car up a few years back and a lil bit of the loom caught fire he used the first extinguisher he picked up unfortunately it was a powder one lol hardly anything burnt could prob of put it out without it, instead it took me about a week of cleaning to get most of it out, never managed to get it all out. Morale of the story, choose your extinguishers very carefully. Atleast it wasnt deadly like co2 i suppose.

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
01-01-2011, 21:35
This roll cage was in a car that i bought and ive never seen one like it. :scratch:

Sparkie
01-01-2011, 23:14
don't worry, it looks well made, someone will buy it. :cartman: