PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure gauges

doggydowg22
31-12-2010, 15:16
Hi there im wanting to fit an oil pressure gauge to my r5,im abit confused as to which part it will actualy goes into.

from the below link ebay add from cgb in the 3rd pic it looks like it goes into the oil pipe that goes to the turbo?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-EASY-FITTING-/400074561999?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d264d59cf

Im also thinking of getting an electric gauge instead,has anyone got a pic of the front of the block pointing out which bit it goes into.

Where I have a fmi everything is rammed into the engine bay and everytihng is very hard to get at as the radiator has been moved back.

If I look uner the bonnet I can see a metal case with 3 bolts holding it in then abit further down some chopped of wires is this the origional oil pressure sender?

Thanks for any imput.

mk5gtt
31-12-2010, 15:34
Hi on the picture it is the turbo oil feed that it's fitted to the old sensor is a big round one just at the bottom of the feed I've had one fitted it was on psi and the readings jumped a bit I think it was because the original sender was in bar. Just something to think about when buying a gauge.

doggydowg22
31-12-2010, 15:43
So the cgb one is just t'ed into the turbo oil feed pipe?if this is the case id probably be better off buying a mechanical one over the electrical one then.

5teve L
31-12-2010, 16:00
So the cgb one is just t'ed into the turbo oil feed pipe?if this is the case id probably be better off buying a mechanical one over the electrical one then.
Yes, you take out the one underneath the oil feed (where the OE sensor is) from what I remember & it takes it's place.