PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good with alarms?

SCHWARTZ
29-12-2010, 20:50
having a few little problems fitting my alarm, if theres anyone local to the wallington area that can help that would be ace fully paid in sarnies of course:D
I have removed the old clifford alarm but im a bit confused about how to wire up for all the new features.
:confused:

James5
29-12-2010, 20:52
having a few little problems fitting my alarm, if theres anyone local to the wallington area that can help that would be ace fully paid in sarnies of course:D
I have removed the old clifford alarm but im a bit confused about how to wire up for all the new features.
:confused:

Gary, markey b with the tango 5 is an alarm fitter he may be able to offer some advice to you matey

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=136

markey b
30-12-2010, 08:12
whats the prob fella?

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 10:59
Theres no major prob as such I have the old alarm out and have put the wires back as they should be and the car will turn over. Im just confused by the jargen with wot way the locks work as how to wire them up and relay for remote start (that I might not use) how that goes ect... Im sure its pretty simple but the instructions have baffled me:laugh:

Gttnutter
30-12-2010, 11:17
Remote start will chew your starter, flywheel and cause all sorts of problems, absolute waste of time matey

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 11:35
Like I said I prob wont use it as id rather keep it simple but I camt see why it would chew the ring gear:confused:

Nick k
30-12-2010, 11:56
What alarm have you replaced the clifford with?? Whats wrong with the clifford you removed? I'll have your clifford off you if its up for grabs :)

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 12:44
A viper cant remember wot number there is a thread I started on ere somewhere on me fone n to much hassle. the sonar went mental and kept going off whilst driving n it imobilised its self the other day. The main brain shuld b ok if you want it you can have it but I cut the sh1t out of the looms so they need pieceing bach together.

James5
30-12-2010, 14:14
Gary, you got this one matey according to one of your threads

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180590105646&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_983wt_1139

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 15:26
Thats the one james cheers matey:D

markey b
30-12-2010, 15:58
i think locks are positive pulse to lock and unlock, white and purple wire off back of switch iirc,

hazards are two purples off back of hazard switch

starter is white wire from ignition barrel, fuel pump is also thick white wire from relay to drivers side footwell plug

ignition feed is yellow off ignition plug

earth either to steering column or pass side footwell

cant' remember any others off top of my head, if its any use i'll do a guide when i do brics/djnuks alarms in the next few weeks

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 16:42
Yes matey lot of help. I knew bout the colum wires but the locks being positive pulse really helps:D

stu21t
30-12-2010, 16:54
mikey b of sound secure, the only person i let work on my cars and the only alarm fitter i will use.

give him a ring, tell him i gave u his number.
he is a mobile fitter and an authorissed dealer for viper and clifford.

if your from the area maybe you remember his shop on stafford road, or his old shop, streetworkz from stafford road and horatius way industrial estate?

http://www.soundsecure.co.uk/

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 17:09
i know of sounds alarming on stafford rd and have been there for amps etc... isnt there a sound secure in croydon or am i getting confused again:confused::laugh:

stu21t
30-12-2010, 17:14
mikey was down near 5 ways, the croydon side.
but hes mobile now so will come to fix the car on your drive.
only man i would trust with an alarm.
hes done all my cars/vans

SCHWARTZ
30-12-2010, 18:23
Im gona give it a goout d go on me own but if I do get stuck I may give him a shout.;)

James5
29-01-2011, 14:48
Gary ref the phone call earlier don't use that + poisitive H1/6 viloet cable that's for positive door trigger input to which the 5 isn't I think you need to use H1/8 Green Door trigger input as that's a negative matey then you can just T oit into the little door open sensors on the 5:D

Hope the above makes sense

SCHWARTZ
29-01-2011, 17:46
Cheers matey. All sorted now easy peasy:wasntme:

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 20:58
I do have one problem tho:rolleyes: forgot that i didnt wire up the indicators. there is only one wire coming from the alarm to flash the indicators it will flash one side or the other (depending which brown wire on the hazard switch i connect to) cant connect to both tho or the relay goes mental and all the indicators flash when you want one side only:laugh: Is there another wire i need to connect to on the hazard switch?

Nick k
01-02-2011, 21:20
You need to use 2 diodes in the circuit 1N4002 should be ok. The diodes will stop the indicators feeding each other when in normal use but will allow the alarm to flash all indicators. Maplins code - QL74R £0.22p each. :)

What alarm is that???...... Even the retro brand new box fresh Moss Alarm i brought off ebay last month has 2 indicator outputs!! :D

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 21:49
its a viper 5002 suposed to be a good alarm I dont know why theres only 1 wire either:scratch: It seems to be very american based so maybe that has something to do with it:confused:

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 21:51
do the diodes have to face a certain way or do they go both ways:cooter:?

Nick k
01-02-2011, 22:13
Yea they will only conduct one way ( at the voltage your using anyway ) With your single wire out of your alarm twist the diode together one end with the silver mark at the other end of the diode and then solder the twisted pair to the alarm wire. Then find the left/right indicator wires in the loom of the 5 and solder the other ends of the diodes to one left wire and one right indicator wire. Now if your diodes are the right way around, the alarm will flash all indicators when pressed, but the diodes will block the left and right indicators from feeding each other when being used in normal driving conditions.

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 22:16
nice one bud. il get on it. top darts:D

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 22:23
:ashamed: Looks like ive been a right rodney:laugh: found a white wire in the alarm box that goes from one wire into two and looks like it has diodes heat wrapped in line. Il fit that tomoz me thinks:D

Nick k
01-02-2011, 22:32
You spanner!! That other wire you were using is proberly an optional output to drive an external circuit or something!!! Let us know how you get on.

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 22:36
didnt explain my self very well but it was in the cardboard box the alarm came in:D and i guess you solder it on if you need to. theres no mention of this in the manual tho and i dont see why its not on there to begin with and if you dont need it just cut it off:rolleyes: Oh well thanks for your help bud at least that will be sorted fingers crossed:D

Nick k
01-02-2011, 22:43
Oh i get what you mean now :) Same wire, solder in diode add on wire in alarm box extra :agree: Yea sound right to me. Should be all good mate. Enjoy ;)

SCHWARTZ
01-02-2011, 22:44
cheers fella:agree: