PDA

View Full Version : newb afr results

Junglist
28-12-2010, 18:39
fitted aem wideband afr kit today , idle is around 11.2 :scratch: is that right i read that it should be 14.1 + , not able to get it out on the road due to the snow to check wot or cruising :( , it ides almost perfect as it is ,

Markey Mark (BD)
28-12-2010, 18:43
Yeah on idle it should be more around the 14.0 mark

Junglist
28-12-2010, 18:47
how do i increase it to 14 then please >? turn mixture screw ?

Markey Mark (BD)
28-12-2010, 19:04
how do i increase it to 14 then please >? turn mixture screw ?

Yeah thats right mate, adjust it on the mixture screw.

What sort of carb and carb spec you got on your car at the moment?

doggydowg22
28-12-2010, 19:05
Get yourself a micro drill set from and a soldering iron ;_)

See what size main jet you have probably drilled out,in standard form its meant to be 1.2mm.

There is an article on carb in articles section worth a peek.

djinuk
28-12-2010, 19:32
carefull doggydowg, hes only talking about general idle settings, nothing as indepth that will require drills bits and jet changes etc.

If it helps the mixture screw it on a taper.. so scre it out to rich (whcih is what you want to do) and into to lean it off a bit.. also do chances a tiny bit at a time, rev it slightly a few times and give it 15 secs or so to adjust (this is what i find)

Junglist
28-12-2010, 20:18
sweet thanks guys ,
its a standard carb been refurbed a couple of years ago thats it ,13psi boost though gonna wind it up a couple of psi soon.
im pritty sure i remember turning the mixture screw to get emissions down a couple of years ago for an mot, its been like it since would it have likely caused any damage to the engine being set wrong ?

Junglist
05-01-2011, 19:15
carefull doggydowg, hes only talking about general idle settings, nothing as indepth that will require drills bits and jet changes etc.

If it helps the mixture screw it on a taper.. so scre it out to rich (whcih is what you want to do) and into to lean it off a bit.. also do chances a tiny bit at a time, rev it slightly a few times and give it 15 secs or so to adjust (this is what i find)

:scratch: when i screw it IN ( righty tighty ) the reading goes up and goes down when screwed out , is that messed up.
ive screwed it in till its almost all the way and wont go no more and its reading 13.9- 14 ,
driving steady at 60 in 5th its reading around 16-17 but very jumpy,
when i put my foot down it shoots to 17 then back to 14 .

any ideas ?? normal ?

Junglist
03-02-2011, 20:33
any ideas,