PDA

View Full Version : Ktec product review

JRP
28-12-2010, 13:02
Ok ive been flicking through the interweb looking at parts.. this caught my eye...

Is it there idea and has anybody got it and used it? how does it rate?

Other thing is if it is not theres which jolly place makes it?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=399&appid=16

I must hand it to them it does look nice.. but as always and for years in the back of my head ive had the tuner bs drum beat playing.

JRP
28-12-2010, 13:03
Other thing id like too add is i fancy that rad/intercooler in one jobbie.. but cant remember the name....

raider_gtt
28-12-2010, 13:06
Ok ive been flicking through the interweb looking at parts.. this caught my eye...

Is it there idea and has anybody got it and used it? how does it rate?

Other thing is if it is not theres which jolly place makes it?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=399&appid=16

I must hand it to them it does look nice.. but as always and for years in the back of my head ive had the tuner bs drum beat playing.

jrp i had this bit of kit for sale not so long ago mate its a good bit of kit but for the money you would pay off ktec is over priced for what it is and i was told its no good for high boost its intercooler pro that makes it i would go to them as its a bit cheaper

JRP
28-12-2010, 13:08
Thats the tuner bs drum beat well 3 of the 5 beats is the high prices... i'll check that firm out see what they can offer me :) thanks...

Iam not a tuner fan, but they do seem to come up with some smart gear

raider_gtt
28-12-2010, 13:09
Other thing id like too add is i fancy that rad/intercooler in one jobbie.. but cant remember the name....

and thats the price for the intercooler not that rad as well i would get a alu rad off ebay as its the samething but cheaper then this intercooler fits in behind it there is two oprions single fan or twin fan setup yet again at a cost for the 2nd fan

JRP
28-12-2010, 13:12
I have a new rad for my winter build with the fan so its just the cooler i require.

Thing is id like that combined jobbie.. not worried about the cost atm

raider_gtt
28-12-2010, 13:13
Thats the tuner bs drum beat well 3 of the 5 beats is the high prices... i'll check that firm out see what they can offer me :) thanks...

Iam not a tuner fan, but they do seem to come up with some smart gear

thats cos they nick it off the makers mate and wack up the price to make a pro
here is a link for the company

http://www.proalloy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=52_921_62_130&p=635&id=proalloy

raider_gtt
28-12-2010, 13:15
I have a new rad for my winter build with the fan so its just the cooler i require.

Thing is id like that combined jobbie.. not worried about the cost atm

i would put a wanted add up on here mate see if anyone is selling one you mabe in luck

JRP
28-12-2010, 13:16
Still a monkey from them... just want a front mount type cooler that looks neat and tidy and no chopping required... i know of a few cheap ebay goodies, i.e james5 set up.. hmmm i wonder

JRP
28-12-2010, 13:17
i would put a wanted add up on here mate see if anyone is selling one you mabe in luck

Iam being a snob at the mo, after buying a few items that stated as new and are far from it... Iam gonna buy new :)

Adam 005
28-12-2010, 13:53
thats cos they nick it off the makers mate and wack up the price to make a pro
here is a link for the company

http://www.proalloy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=52_921_62_130&p=635&id=proalloy

i would imagine that ktec buy this item in from a supplyer rather than copying it.can't see it's made in house:agree:

dangerous dave
28-12-2010, 13:57
Radtec that mr msm himself used to sell had the alloy intercooler and rad set up just needing a fan. I've got it on mine by have yet to get the thing fitted spot bollok, it's always to far one way clanking on the gearbox mount or bending the rad hose in half.

But it's sits being a standard front end and does a lovely job:agree:

I've seen loads of good home brew ones behind the grills but I don't have the skill to make it look pretty, my effort was utter sh1t to be honest and I had to remove it. I was trying to do it too cheap and pi55ed away £100 or so on elbows. :(

JRP
28-12-2010, 14:08
It just struck me as a nice bit of kit.. it sits infront or behind the rad leaving the area behind passenger light free, also an improvment over the o.e item and could prob take 18/20 psi odd so looked ideal, but the price is rather severe... is it worth it hmmm

wrightygtt
28-12-2010, 14:45
I have one of those on mine chap, tbh I honestly wouldn't bother with it...:) Leaves so little space by the time the rads pushed back. Pain in the rectum. I haven't noticed any gains with it...

JRP
28-12-2010, 14:59
I have one of those on mine chap, tbh I honestly wouldn't bother with it...:) Leaves so liitle space by the time the rads pushed back. Pain in the rectum. I haven't noticed any gains with it...
:agree::agree:

rs250nut
28-12-2010, 15:08
I had one of those in the front of my raider before I decided to get out of the gt turbo game, looked the part when fitted but information from a decent source (fishead) said that they don't work to well and his iat's rocketed from a conventional front mount, maybe give him a shout to find out more.You can see it fitted in my project thread.

JRP
28-12-2010, 15:10
I had one of those in the front of my raider before I decided to get out of the gt turbo game, looked the part when fitted but information from a decent source (fishead) said that they don't work to well and his iat's rocketed from a conventional front mount, maybe give him a shout to find out more.You can see it fitted in my project thread.

Nice one i'll have a chat with tony :)

Markey Mark (BD)
28-12-2010, 16:14
I have one of those on mine chap, tbh I honestly wouldn't bother with it...:) Leaves so little space by the time the rads pushed back. Pain in the rectum. I haven't noticed any gains with it...

:agree: Agree with you mate, its not the best kit on the planet. Leaves you with bugger all space and the rad sits far to close to the engine for my liking.

Its basically a Pro Alloy intercooler which K-Tec sell, as mentioned before not the best so i'd prob avoid it

JRP
28-12-2010, 16:23
Thank you chaps, perfect responses to my questions :agree:

TNT Tricky Nicky
28-12-2010, 19:58
as said, once fitted it pushes the rad close to the engine,so in turn there's no room for the oe fan set up, that's why it comes with the two rads, they go on the front and push air through the rad/intercooler