PDA

View Full Version : Group A Carb

LYNCHSTAR
21-12-2010, 19:25
I have a EP motor sport group A carb with a 1.35 main 1mm a/c 1.2mm 1st stge i was told this is no good. I know group A carbs have a 1.5 main and 0.9a/c do you leave 1st and 2nd stage alone. ? Im after 18psi.

Markey Mark (BD)
21-12-2010, 19:29
I have a EP motor sport group A carb with a 1.35 main 1mm a/c 1.2mm 1st stge i was told this is no good. I know group A carbs have a 1.5 main and 0.9a/c do you leave 1st and 2nd stage alone. ? Im after 18psi.

No the 2nd stage is what you want to be drilling out for more boost, its the main jet ideally you want to be leaving alone but with the larger venturi's on the grp A carbs they tend to use them.

This in turn makes them very rich off boost.

Have you measured your fueling at the moment to see whats its like on your current set up?

LYNCHSTAR
21-12-2010, 20:13
No the 2nd stage is what you want to be drilling out for more boost, its the main jet ideally you want to be leaving alone but with the larger venturi's on the grp A carbs they tend to use them.

This in turn makes them very rich off boost.

Have you measured your fueling at the moment to see whats its like on your current set up?

not tried it yet mate had it on my car ages ago and dont know the fuel readings all i no is that he set it t0 1.5 c/o at idle i took it of to put a standard one with 1.2mm main 1.0mm a/c 1.2 2nd stage and tried to set it up with my LM1 got it to idle in high 13s and low 14.s hesitates on boost acc jet ok and when its cold it idles like crap it giving me a headache :scratch:

SCHWARTZ
21-12-2010, 20:57
give the carb a good clean lots of carb cleaner and the idle jet a really good clean. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

SCHWARTZ
21-12-2010, 20:58
never hurts to change the gaskets on the carb also;):D

Markey Mark (BD)
21-12-2010, 21:05
not tried it yet mate had it on my car ages ago and dont know the fuel readings all i no is that he set it t0 1.5 c/o at idle i took it of to put a standard one with 1.2mm main 1.0mm a/c 1.2 2nd stage and tried to set it up with my LM1 got it to idle in high 13s and low 14.s hesitates on boost acc jet ok and when its cold it idles like crap it giving me a headache :scratch:

The standard carb you put on the car seems close to the sort of spec you would be after for 18psi, although to be absolutely sure you will need to check it on an AFR gauge.

As for it hessitating and idling horrible sounds like the carb dpes need a good clean out if its been sat about.

LYNCHSTAR
21-12-2010, 21:33
The standard carb you put on the car seems close to the sort of spec you would be after for 18psi, although to be absolutely sure you will need to check it on an AFR gauge.

As for it hessitating and idling horrible sounds like the carb dpes need a good clean out if its been sat about.

Cheers guys I'll having another go over the holidays just one question will blokin the manifold of at breather will this make it idle crappy. Is there a cup mod breather set up diagram on the forum.

Markey Mark (BD)
21-12-2010, 21:38
How have you got the breather system now then mate if you got the manifold blocked off at the back? If its done right and sealed up nicely then its shouldn't cause an idle issue