PDA

View Full Version : anyone got 1 k-tec piston?

bennyboy
21-12-2010, 15:06
bought a set of pistons and liners off k-tec for my 5, sent them away to get pressed on to my rods and 1 came back the oppiset way round to the other 3 , so took it back this morning and theve managed to crack the piston. (how.....i dont know) NUMPTYS. k-tec have none in stock till end of jan any suggestions?

James5
21-12-2010, 15:32
bought a set of pistons and liners off k-tec for my 5, sent them away to get pressed on to my rods and 1 came back the oppiset way round to the other 3 , so took it back this morning and theve managed to crack the piston. (how.....i dont know) NUMPTYS. k-tec have none in stock till end of jan any suggestions?

Anything special about these pistons?? can't you just use a standard piston that's already on a rod? I have a couple of used one's if you want but I assume your doing a re-build so would prefer new if that is the case Mike aka Phase 1 16v turbo will prob be the man to help you out

James5
21-12-2010, 15:42
Anything special about these pistons?? can't you just use a standard piston that's already on a rod? I have a couple of used one's if you want but I assume your doing a re-build so would prefer new if that is the case Mike aka Phase 1 16v turbo will prob be the man to help you out

If they broke it get them to replace it or give you some money towards at least

Markey Mark (BD)
21-12-2010, 15:46
I believe the K-Tec pistons are nothing more than standard pistons so using another new one from somewhere else will be fine.

As mentioned speak to Mike (phase 1 16v turbo) on here, he maybe able to help you out.
Failing that i see the odd new piston being sold on ebay seperately.

bennyboy
21-12-2010, 17:06
done a bit of homework and yes they are just a standard mahle piston, the place thats done the work for me deals with mahle and they've ordered me 1 which will be here tomorrow morning !!! thanks for your help and advice most appreciated, :)