PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler

tubby5
20-12-2010, 22:04
Ok guys just a quick question,does it matter which way round an oil cooler is fitted?ie: pipes coming out of top or pipes comeing out of bottom,can you get air locks if the pipes come out of the bottom

SCHWARTZ
20-12-2010, 22:33
this has been asked a few times look for some old threads on it, but i think it dosnt matter;)

philr5t
20-12-2010, 23:21
Ok guys just a quick question,does it matter which way round an oil cooler is fitted?ie: pipes coming out of top or pipes comeing out of bottom,can you get air locks if the pipes come out of the bottom

should not make any difference which way you mount it mate with regards to air locks as its a sealed unit i run mine through the top and i know others do but i also know people who run the pipes going into the bottom of the cooler

hope this helps
phil :)

Tony Walker
21-12-2010, 22:51
mines on its side just to add another angle to it. No problems once it was filled but first time after rebuild took along time to prime it( sump had been off and oil pump emptied out) i had to back fill my pipes to get it to pick up. i'd leave a pipe loose until you get oil through it(not completely off just loose) Better to see the oil there imo than rely on ancient gauges. likewise for turbo feed too.

** by back feed i meant i had to get oil down the center of the filter housing as the filter has a one way valve so pouring down the cooler pipes wont fill it.