PDA

View Full Version : UK`s First FWD Outlaw Shootout

Rob@Backyardracing
20-12-2010, 18:26
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l463/BackyardRacing_2008/ukoutlawstreettwd.jpg

Ok, Me and couple guys from the hks (Rich B and Guy Chamberlain) have been in talks to start the UK`s first one off shootout event for FWD cars.. (of course drag racing)..

The event would take place at Shakespeare Raceway, Qualifing would take place on the saturday, racing sunday.. Any front wheel drive car can entry, entry fee applys, but nice prize fund will stand if we can make a good field of cars...

Rules and weight limit will apply, Mainly safty gear..

I know it will only interest a few members from here but you can follow this at the above link, and ill post details here for those that dont have Facebook...

Disscuss if you like...:)

Thanks....

rs250nut
20-12-2010, 19:06
Ooh sounds interesting, 1039kg, 26 inch slicks, 72mm ?

Scoff
20-12-2010, 19:32
Whats the weight threshold ? I don't do facebook :)

Rob@Backyardracing
20-12-2010, 21:34
Scoff i havnt thought yet... would like you all to have an input on this one, i know it will open a can of worms... maybe run it lighter than the hks 1039 limit know... i think we all roll at 1000kg with driver... i think this a fair weight... plus we still miles lighter than the proper Outlaw in USA, have to see what the other organisers think... would you be happy with ballist in your 5?

rs250nut
20-12-2010, 21:34
Whats the weight threshold ? I don't do facebook :)

Nah neither do I, trouble waiting to happen.

Scoff
20-12-2010, 21:38
Scoff i havnt thought yet... would like you all to have an input on this one, i know it will open a can of worms... maybe run it lighter than the hks 1039 limit know... i think we all roll at 1000kg with driver... i think this a fair weight... plus we still miles lighter than the proper Outlaw in USA, have to see what the other organisers think... would you be happy with ballist in your 5?

Maybe Rob, I don't have any space up front for ballast but I can work something out. More than 1000kg would put me off though. What time of year are you shooting for ? With this house move lark my car being ready for March is looking doubtfull :rolleyes:

rs250nut
20-12-2010, 21:43
Just out of intrest Scoff what sort of weight to do run at?

Woznaldo
21-12-2010, 12:24
I'd guess no more than 850kg?

Rob@Backyardracing
21-12-2010, 18:16
Just out of intrest Scoff what sort of weight to do run at?

887kg with driver he weights...

Rob@Backyardracing
21-12-2010, 18:17
The shootout wont be early in the year, would at least be mid summer...

Scoff
21-12-2010, 19:44
I'd guess no more than 850kg?

I wish, its up to just on 900kg for this coming year.

Hi 5
21-12-2010, 21:33
you would not think weight was fine if you was driving a ren 5:laugh:

Rob@Backyardracing
21-12-2010, 21:59
I cant see why it puts so many peeps off, ive add a near 60-70kg of ballast to my civic to run in the HKS.. Have a look at the ballast weights the USA guys have to add! dont forget the worlds fastest FWD car (8.3@181mph) isnt exaclty light, its a good 50kg more than the hks series.. i know there is cars in the uk that could out power others in this game but there stumped with a heavy chasis.. Its unfair for them to race against lighter cars.. we need to find a limit to suit all...

Ill happly race with no weight limit or with, i really dont mind chucking ballast in to my car or taking it all out..

Also 72mm turbo, 26inch drags should be the limit..:D

Scoff
21-12-2010, 23:23
Oooh, it's all getting a bit political Rob :D

------
I cant see why it puts so many peeps off
------

It boils down to this mate: weight slows you down. I started racing to go fast in my own right and not to compete with others in a series. Competing means I can race for free and it helps bring attention to my business. If it wasn't for those reasons I wouldn't bother. The real problem is, a lot of other guys (including some much better respected than me) feel the same way and think that if they've been able to shave 50kg from their cars and *still meet* the safety requirements then that should be their advantage!

Think about this: While enforcing a minimum weight, why not enforce a limitation on how aerodynamic your car can be ? My renault 5 isn't half as 'dynamic as most of the Honda's, so while I might be 100kg under some of their weights I bet my poor aerodynamics goes a long way to offsetting that weight advantage. Weight means nothing on its own. It's a rule for the sake of a rule and I'm just not a big fan of rules :)

Sparkie
22-12-2010, 17:29
100kg of aerodynamic polystyrene nose cone it is then.....

Scoff
22-12-2010, 17:46

Flawless logic :D :)

rs250nut
22-12-2010, 20:14

I rembember seeing something similar on the front of the a.g focus for one of it's top speed runs.

Rob@Backyardracing
09-01-2011, 16:34
I now have a copy wrote up of the rules and event info, also a date that ill post up and confirm this next week....

Thanks...

5teve L
09-01-2011, 16:42
I now have a copy wrote up of the rules and event info, also a date that ill post up and confirm this next week....

Thanks...
:agree:

Rob@Backyardracing
21-01-2011, 19:57
Sorry for delay...

Ok a date has been confirmed, its the 21st August and will be held at Santa Pod.. The track will be closed just for us guys to race when called up so no waiting around with your car on the fire up road etc..

There is a website coming soon thanks to Scoff and his help...:)

Hi 5
21-01-2011, 22:13
can i use a renault 5 with a german engine in or is this against the rules :D

rs250nut
21-01-2011, 22:40

I wanted to do something similar but with a Japanese engine, can't race it though.:(

Rob@Backyardracing
21-01-2011, 22:42

im unsure buddie... i didnt think you would be out this year... ill have to go over rules.. but i dont see why not.. its OUTLAW at the end of the day.. :)

TommyB
22-01-2011, 11:50
I think we are looking to run the mini in this, We would be lucky to get to 1000kg.

I do agree with you chris, adding weight isn't fun if all you would to do is beat your best.I think my 5 has to weigh 1089kg for ESC when the weights come in(because of CPL) and thats 1: unsafe to add that much weight and 2: illegal to add that much weight at an MSA event.

Phuckin CPL making rules for ESC is a joke,

There are sooooo many other ways to keep cars close in competition.

Rob@Backyardracing
22-01-2011, 12:43
Where does 1089 come to play? even the HKS dont race at that as we managed to get that down to 1039 last year... last i heard its near 1000kg for the ESC?... Guy just wants to keep the rules to follow NSCRA which i can understand, dont think hes fussed what the ESC would be unless they merge (if they do). I can see his point tho by keep all rules across the pond and here the same, best way to compare cars.. Them 8second civic in USA aint paper weight.. they all race at NSCRA level..

Im a bit of a hondatech sponge so even if rules didnt play apart over here id still like to run at the weight limit over there so i can compare my build to other members.. If i bashed a 9 second pass @ 900kg in my honda id feel a cheat, i have nothing to compare my car too... But thats my 2p..

TommyB
22-01-2011, 14:53
Sorry Rob, i ment 1083kg for my renault as i have 2 power adders.

I do believe Guy was being a big influence with the weight's for ESC, as he wanted to remain the fastest FWD car.Guy couldn't keep away from the ESC rules making us run interior up front, to be the same as HKS.

If it did merge thats great in my opinion but, is a 2.6lt twin cam honda fair racing a heavier 1.4 pushrod renault?

I know i should step up to race but i dont see it being fair for the guys just breaking into the tens with 2 power adders.Even you guys were getting a rough deal because of him.

We try and compare our Pro mods to the usa, but there are so many events and rules its hard to follow one type.

Hi 5
22-01-2011, 19:47
Sorry Rob, i ment 1083kg for my renault as i have 2 power adders.

I do believe Guy was being a big influence with the weight's for ESC, as he wanted to remain the fastest FWD car.Guy couldn't keep away from the ESC rules making us run interior up front, to be the same as HKS.

If it did merge thats great in my opinion but, is a 2.6lt twin cam honda fair racing a heavier 1.4 pushrod renault?

I know i should step up to race but i dont see it being fair for the guys just breaking into the tens with 2 power adders.Even you guys were getting a rough deal because of him.

We try and compare our Pro mods to the usa, but there are so many events and rules its hard to follow one type.

tell me all about it both my 5s will not meet the rules
and rob oh yes it will see the strip this year am sure

Rob@Backyardracing
25-01-2011, 18:17
Ok, the site is now pretty much launched to enter this event.. also if you would like to sponsor this event etc you can also apply on the site...

Many thanks to Scoff for this hard work at making this site up for us guys... I O U big time... :)

http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/

Rob@Backyardracing
13-02-2011, 18:55
This event is gathering momentum now, with 9 confirmed entrants (http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/2011-racers.php) from the UK some coming over from Ireland, and Denmark, with others expected to join from Malta and Germany. More sponsors (http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/sponsors.php) are getting involved weekly. If you would like to become a sponsor checkout the sponsorship page (http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/sponsors.php). Also if you’re interested in entering checkout the rules (http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/rules.php)rules and Apply Online (http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/apply.php) pages.

http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/

Markey Mark (BD)
13-02-2011, 19:04
Whats the lastest this can be entered Rob?

Scoff
13-02-2011, 21:27
Incase anyone is wondering, it's open to non honda's too ;)

Rob@Backyardracing
13-02-2011, 21:34
Any Front wheel drive can enter :) there isnt a cut of date as such..

Scoff
13-02-2011, 21:35
Richard has just emailed me a rule update.

Now contenders must have a carpet and original dashboard.

The rules of this competition are starting to get a bit OTT. I sure as hell won't be competing. Very dissapointing.

Scoff
13-02-2011, 21:41
Any Front wheel drive can enter :)

If only Rob. Any front wheel drive car that weighs about as much as a Honda Civic and that has a dashboard and carpet.

Rob@Backyardracing
13-02-2011, 21:43

The rules of this competition is starting to get a bit OTT. I sure as hell won't be competing. Very dissapointing.

Scoff we have just over viewed the orginal rule..

Interior:
Stock dashboard and full interior from front seats forward is required (only one front seat required). Aftermarket seats, gauges,
and interior are permitted. Dashboard must be OEM stock (vents, clusters, radio, etc may be removed but drivers encouraged to use block-off panels in their place).

Basicly we relaxing this due to the amount of peeps not happy about having to re fit door cards or roofline... basicly you dont need all that a/b pilow ****, or door cards, or sill trims, or centre consoles, just the dash and a carpet...

All we want to see is a carpet to the rear of front seats, doesnt have to be orginal.. and the stock dash.. as discribed in new rule?? how has this turned worse?? i dont get it??

Rob@Backyardracing
13-02-2011, 21:49
Just for peeps interested and that keep emailing me saying outlaw is outlaw why have we got rules weights, doesnt anyone follow drag racing??????

basic NSCRA OUTLAW RULES... its what everyone from every country follows but the uk as us brits dont tolerate to rules..

http://www.nscra.com/outlaw-street

Scoff
13-02-2011, 21:50
Rob, it didn't insist on carpet before did it ? If it did then I'm as blind as a bat. Point remains though! Why on earth such a silly rule ? Andy speck has no carpet or dashboard, and if I know andy there's no way he'll bother fitting a carpet and a dashboard for one day. I just find it all a bit disapointing. What possible reason is there for those rules ? Because they say so in the USA ? :(

Scoff
13-02-2011, 21:58
Just for peeps interested and that keep emailing me saying outlaw is outlaw why have we got rules weights, doesnt anyone follow drag racing??????

basic NSCRA OUTLAW RULES... its what everyone from every country follows but the uk as us brits dont tolerate to rules..

http://www.nscra.com/outlaw-street

But that's just it, NSCRA is American! Its not a world wide federation that each country must surrender to, although most do it seems.

I just think there's a few rules in there that will severly filter the number of interested parties - and that's a shame because the idea itself had so much potential.

I'll shut up now, not trying to rock the boat mate, I just love a good whinge sometimes :p

Rob@Backyardracing
13-02-2011, 22:10
Ill arrange another conference meeting with Guy, Rich and Alex.. I beleave spec is putting a dash back in anyway.. if you want to join in on the conference you can?...

i think the rules are fair... but thats me... we aint all got high power paper bags... ;) but i guess we aint all got areodynamics either...

end of the day regarding carpet, mines just some cheapo acoustic carpet super glued to the floor that weights about 1kg.. i cant see the prob for anyone else do this? doesnt have to be OE..

Dave Reed
14-02-2011, 08:55
I can see his point tho by keep all rules across the pond and here the same, best way to compare cars.. Them 8second civic in USA aint paper weight.. they all race at NSCRA level..

Im a bit of a hondatech sponge so even if rules didnt play apart over here id still like to run at the weight limit over there so i can compare my build to other members.. If i bashed a 9 second pass @ 900kg in my honda id feel a cheat, i have nothing to compare my car too... But thats my 2p..[/quote]

Don't they race on downhill tracks in the states though?? :D

5teve L
14-02-2011, 09:38
Don't they race on downhill tracks in the states though?? :D
I thought that as well :wasntme:

Markey Mark (BD)
14-02-2011, 15:32

The rules of this competition are starting to get a bit OTT. I sure as hell won't be competing. Very dissapointing.

That now rules me out as i just fitted a Clio dashboard to the 5.

rs250nut
14-02-2011, 17:41
That now rules me out as i just fitted a Clio dashboard to the 5.

I doubt if they would get funny about that, I think the rule is there to stop people rocking up completely stripped or with some super expensive carbon dash.

Dave Reed
14-02-2011, 18:11
I doubt if they would get funny about that, I think the rule is there to stop people rocking up completely stripped or with some super expensive carbon dash.

Seriously though, what difference does it make to what dash you run.... If you meet the weight, who cares :confused:

clee
14-02-2011, 18:19
It will only be an issue if your winning :D

Markey Mark (BD)
14-02-2011, 18:19
Seriously though, what difference does it make to what dash you run.... If you meet the weight, who cares :confused:

Agree mate, it shouldn't matter at all, to be honest i don't mind too much on most of the rules, for example carpet is easy as Rob said abit of acoustic carpet will do then if i want rip it out after.
Only bit that gets me is weight, i got to weight mine to see what it weighs first but if i was 100kg off limit i don't feel that i built car for right reason if i have to weight it down again.
Way i see it is i may be 100kg (for example) off over competitors but then due to size of my engine i may have a poss 300bhp disadvantage to other top runners so maybe a lighter car with less power might be a good pairing for more powerful cars.

Dave Reed
14-02-2011, 18:25
Agree mate, it shouldn't matter at all, to be honest i don't mind too much on most of the rules, for example carpet is easy as Rob said abit of acoustic carpet will do then if i want rip it out after.
Only bit that gets me is weight, i got to weight mine to see what it weighs first but if i was 100kg off limit i don't feel that i built car for right reason if i have to weight it down again.
Way i see it is i may be 100kg (for example) off over competitors but then due to size of my engine i may have a poss 300bhp disadvantage to other top runners so maybe a lighter car with less power might be a good pairing for more powerful cars.

But then you might show up some of the big boys toy's mate ;) I'm suprised they didn't have engine size'd related class's?? IMO no point entering if you have less than a 1800cc turbo motor.. I feel it's only for the big boys this event..

Dave Reed
14-02-2011, 18:26

Exactly.

5teve L
14-02-2011, 18:34
Sounds like it's getting a bit like a pi55ing contest now :disagree:

clee
14-02-2011, 18:38

edit ..you're not your :coffee: Grammar rules innit :study:

Markey Mark (BD)
14-02-2011, 18:39
But then you might show up some of the big boys toy's mate ;) I'm suprised they didn't have engine size'd related class's?? IMO no point entering if you have less than a 1800cc turbo motor.. I feel it's only for the big boys this event..

Then if i beat the top runners with less power and weight should that be a disadvatage to me, i think not. To be honest if they choose to start with a heavy car which can create more power why should i be penalised.

I had a look at some of the runners, should be able to beat few of them i think but all depends how this engine works.

Not having moan, just putting my thoughts across. ;)

rs250nut
14-02-2011, 19:37

I'm going to enter hopefully and I'm only 1675cc? On a serious note whats cc got to do with anything? Plus dash not got anything to do with it? Mine weighs a fecking ton or around 23kgs. I would still enter whether or not they had a weigh limit.

Rob@Backyardracing
14-02-2011, 23:06
Ok well after this evenings good sparring session and pad riot im feeling kinda chilled now, if i seemed all up tight yesturday...:)

Im going to arranging another meeting with the organisers over the interior.. Im happy to have no rules at all on this, but it goes to a vote.. If im honest aslong as everyone meets the weight i dont care if its a garden shed going down the strip..

Regarding CC and class.. this is a tough one as its hard to make every car happy... What we are doing is breaking down the sponsors so that for example the fastest N/A would take home a prize fund + trophy, same goes with fastest Nos, supercharged... Also dont forget there is prizes to win just for fastest 60ft, reaction etc..

I understand not everyone is going to be happy about the rules but we will try to amend what we can to make as many peeps happy as possible..

Thanks for the feedback on this guys, keep it coming....:agree:

Adey aka Ewok
15-02-2011, 12:02
Might wait and see if any supercharged cars enter and do it just for the crack, not exactly going to set the world alight with my times tho

Dave Reed
15-02-2011, 17:30
I'm going to enter hopefully and I'm only 1675cc? On a serious note whats cc got to do with anything? Plus dash not got anything to do with it? Mine weighs a fecking ton or around 23kgs. I would still enter whether or not they had a weigh limit.

Surely if CC had nothing to do with it, why are you building a 1675cc motor?;) As the old saying goes "there aint no replacement for displacement" :D
Also regarding the dash, i'm sure I said if your car makes the weight, what's the dash got to do with it? Maybe it's its to do with adding weight in better area's as to improve traction etc, i duno???

Please also don't take my opinions the wrong way, i'm just asking why certain rules have been put in place, as to me, they seem a little strange :agree:

Rob,
Great work on this :agree:
I think this event is a great idea, it's really cool that people are starting to realise that us FWD boys are just as serious as the RWD/4WD cars.

rs250nut
15-02-2011, 18:51
[QUOTE=Dave Reed;202149]Surely if CC had nothing to do with it, why are you building a 1675cc motor?;) As the old saying goes "there aint no replacement for displacement" :D
Also regarding the dash, i'm sure I said if your car makes the weight, what's the dash got to do with it? Maybe it's its to do with adding weight in better area's as to improve traction etc, i duno???

Because I started with an over bored 1600cc motor:) " there ain't no replacement for displacement " go tell that to the BMW f1 engineers of the early eighties, 1.5 1300hp 70psi boost. Some thing about VE would be more appropriate. Please don't take this the wrong way, just a little bit of light hearted banter.

Adey aka Ewok
20-02-2011, 19:17
Any one in a Renault thinking of joining up?

Markey Mark (BD)
20-02-2011, 19:25
Any one in a Renault thinking of joining up?

I am possibly mate

Adey aka Ewok
21-02-2011, 15:13
Hmmm anyone got any slicks on 15s they wana lend out?

Rob@Backyardracing
26-02-2011, 07:51
We now have Frank from the Drive shaft shop USA with a big sponsor of £1000, the prize pot is now over 3K.....

Thanks to all these sponsors and also scoff for keeping the site up to date :)

http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/sponsors.php

Winner will now take £1500
Runner up at least £500
Loosing semi finalists at least £200

rs250nut
26-02-2011, 08:17
Quality, who managed to wangle that?

Markey Mark (BD)
28-02-2011, 17:45
Right i've just bit the bullet, the first Renault 5 gt turbo is entered! ME!!!!!:eek:

5teve L
28-02-2011, 18:21
Right i've just bit the bullet, the first Renault 5 gt turbo is entered! ME!!!!!:eek:
:agree:

Scoff
28-02-2011, 18:30

It helps with motivation to finish the car if you've committed yourself to an event :) Good stuff, make sure you show up all those Honda's :D (sorry rob :cooter:)

Markey Mark (BD)
28-02-2011, 18:40
It helps with motivation to finish the car if you've committed yourself to an event :) Good stuff, make sure you show up all those Honda's :D (sorry rob :cooter:)

Yeah it does mate, this also gives me abit of time too to sort the niggles i may have with the car too.

I'll give it a go mate, prob not beat all those Hondas! :laugh:

Rob@Backyardracing
28-02-2011, 21:36
We might be able to build a high HP honda motor but dont forgot alot of us are on stock boxs ( i aint got the spare $10,000 needed for the gear id like)... we would have to nurse the cars.. as for the k20`s them boxs are ****ter than ****.. Richs box in that FTO is fancy but his new motor made 750lb and 957hp.. dout his box will hold that torque imo, plus we all racing on the sat in the HKS... anything can happen..

Dont forget its first to the line, if you can cut a good reaction on the line and get out of the box clean you have a good chance of taking out the higher power slower of the line cars..

Scoff is insane if he doesnt show up.. hes got a good chance of that 1500 cash and whats £100 these days compared to the amount of cash we chuck at these cars...

Great to have you on board tho mark... :agree:

Adey aka Ewok
01-03-2011, 14:32
So tempting, the next few weeks will decide if I can enter. Are there a maximum amount of places available?

Rob@Backyardracing
15-03-2011, 18:41
Forum now up and running...

http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/forum/index.php :)

soapymech
15-03-2011, 19:14
Forum now up and running...

http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/forum/index.php :)go go marky smash them hondas:smokin:

5teve L
26-04-2011, 14:42
Just seen the tdi boys rolled out a 9.95 @ 145 this weekend, gonna be some fast cars this year :eek:

dave r5
04-05-2011, 22:54
id so love to have a go at this just for the hell of it.

Neak
22-05-2011, 01:18
Call me naive/stupid whatever but is this going to be open for the public to spectate????

seem to have it in my head that it isn't, silly I know but yeah.... hmmm

:confused:

Rob@Backyardracing
22-05-2011, 19:40
Yes its open to the public, the event is taking place on a RWYB day.... :)

Hi 5
22-05-2011, 22:20
Just seen the tdi boys rolled out a 9.95 @ 145 this weekend, gonna be some fast cars this year :eek:

tdi boy santa pod ptm show last week did 10 ft all day not that fast then :D:D:D:D

Rob@Backyardracing
23-05-2011, 07:28
tdi boy santa pod ptm show last week did 10 ft all day not that fast then :D:D:D:D

Yep dif broke....

Mind you Cressi isnt doing to badly, 10.7 now and on a completely stock k20 motor and box with just a gt35.... Not be long till hes bending rods.. Saying that tho they go 9s on stock motors over the pond....;)

Hi 5
23-05-2011, 22:12
Yep dif broke....

Mind you Cressi isnt doing to badly, 10.7 now and on a completely stock k20 motor and box with just a gt35.... Not be long till hes bending rods.. Saying that tho they go 9s on stock motors over the pond....;)
not too far behind c1j power lol:laugh:

philr5t
20-08-2011, 14:04
I managed to get tomorrow off work so I'm gonna pop up with my missus and daughter and watch this and support Markey mark I know mike phase 1 16v and Tony aka Fishead are going anyone else from the club popping up any ideas how much it is to get in as a spectator :agree:

Scoff
20-08-2011, 15:33
keep an eye out for CPL. He went 9.7@151 today, moving the goal posts yet further away.

Markey Mark (BD)
20-08-2011, 15:50
keep an eye out for CPL. He went 9.7@151 today, moving the goal posts yet further away.

Hmmm, i can safely say i'll have slight issue beating that car! :laugh:

I'm just going for the crack really, nice to get some runs on a well preped track too. Never know may make the top 16 if there are few breakages or by miricale the 5 does some sort of 11sec time. Heres hoping!

WADDIE
20-08-2011, 15:55
lol...my word thats quick! :cool:

rs250nut
20-08-2011, 19:40
I managed to get tomorrow off work so I'm gonna pop up with my missus and daughter and watch this and support Markey mark I know mike phase 1 16v and Tony aka Fishead are going anyone else from the club popping up any ideas how much it is to get in as a spectator :agree:

Sweet as chaps, I shall see you all tomorrow with missus in tow:)

5teve L
21-08-2011, 15:37
Any reports back yet ?

rs250nut
21-08-2011, 20:50
The backyard lads when well and showed the car has massive potential beating there previous p.b with a 10.6 pass on their first shakedown. Brilliant day out meeting up with a few old faces and for once being sober and remembering something about the day. Now where is that welder..............

5teve L
22-08-2011, 14:10
Richard B wrote

Awesome day - thats to all the cars that turned up and commiseration to all the ones that failed to arrive, trying too hard in testing in the run up to the event.

Overall Winner : Adam Buckley £1500
Runner up : Allan Duthie £500
Loosing Semi Finalists Neil Knight, Andy Nichols £200

Quickest ET - Adam Buckley - 10.5132 - £150
Quickest NA ET - Alvis Moronta - 11.2863 - £150
Quickest Supercharged ET - Douglas Gemmell 11.0322 - £150
Quickest Nitrous Only Powered Car ET - Paul Bargate - £150
Quickest Reaction Time - Allan Duthie - 0.1584 - £100

Fastest 60' Time - Douglas Gemmell 1.6036 - £100
Fastest 1/8 MPH - Yasir Dar 115.97mph - £100
Fastest 1/4 MPH - Andy Nichols 146.28 mph - £100

Number 1 Qualifier - Andy Nichols £100
First 150mph car - No winner - carries over to next year.

Scoff
22-08-2011, 15:59
Andy Nicholls managed a 10.2 @ 150mph showing there is life in the euro's yet, but alas he got a red light on that pass. It would have been enough for him to win. :cool:

BluntyR5GTT
22-08-2011, 16:42
how did markey mark get on? did he manage to beat his pb?

Markey Mark (BD)
22-08-2011, 17:17
how did markey mark get on? did he manage to beat his pb?

Lets just say i didn't do myself proud at all :crap:

Car didn't perform what-so-ever, think combination of lack of boost (could only get 20psi out external) and turbine housing little too big. My burnouts and launchs were crap too, every run was crap.

Rob@Backyardracing
22-08-2011, 17:21
felt a bit bad, we knocked him out :(

would of much prefered a vauxhall, hey ho

was a funny one for us, as we was babying the car off the line to save the gearbox/shafts, and pulling 1.9x 60ft`s most passes, which needless to say is not good enough in that sort of coompetition, and alas we got knocked out next round by a blue corsa, both of us ran 11.1x, but his R/T was better, and he took the win.
we went 137mph too, with only a 11.1 :sad2:

so after that we had nothing to loose, so turned the launch control on, but some base settings into it, and went 10.63@136 first attemp, literally 15 mins after getting knocked out :wasntme: cutting a 1.66 60ft, which would of easily took the win from the blue corsa, oh well.

cracking event though, some really interesting cars, great mixed field

BluntyR5GTT
22-08-2011, 17:21
your joking mate :( was the spring too hard on the external ? i think you might be ok with that rear with some more boost, what times did you get mate ?

5teve L
22-08-2011, 17:23
Lets just say i didn't do myself proud at all :crap:

Car didn't perform what-so-ever, think combination of lack of boost (could only get 20psi out external) and turbine housing little too big. My burnouts and launchs were crap too, every run was crap.

:laugh: Nothing like being honest with yourself Mark... all year to set up the red monster though :smokin:

5teve L
22-08-2011, 17:25
Andy Nicholls managed a 10.2 @ 150mph showing there is life in the euro's yet, but alas he got a red light on that pass. It would have been enough for him to win. :cool:
You tempted for the next one Chris ?

Markey Mark (BD)
22-08-2011, 17:29
felt a bit bad, we knocked him out :(

Its ok mate, the better car won ;)

I got off line a little better when up against you (not best still) but missed second gear so i gave up after that.

Rob@Backyardracing
22-08-2011, 17:32
Its ok mate, the better car won ;)

I got off line a little better when up against you (not best still) but missed second gear so i gave up after that.

yeah noticed you launched better

get a d16 honda built you know u wanna ;)

Rob@Backyardracing
22-08-2011, 17:40

yeah flying on that run it was

gotta give credit to the TDI boys though, they wrecked there ppg dog box on the saturday, tore all the teeth off the crown wheel and pinion, and only had a standard gearbox with them for a spare, they wasnt up for putting it n, as they didnt think it would last 1 pass, after a bit of bullying they went for it, started the gearbox change at 9pm saturday, stripped both boxes down and made 1 out of 2, using the diff out the ppg box, got it fitted and tested by around 2am, was a crazy night :D

next day they stripped 2nd gear on the first qualifier pass, and managed to limp through all the other rounds with a gear missing, (having to over rev 1st gear then shift into 3rd) and took the win, still running 10.4x@144mph iirc

Scoff
22-08-2011, 17:42
You tempted for the next one Chris ?

No steve, I'll leave all that to the competative guys. But I would have liked to have gone and watched this one, except I realised on Friday night that I had booked go-karting in Teeside on Sunday :laugh:

Markey Mark (BD)
22-08-2011, 17:50
yeah noticed you launched better

get a d16 honda built you know u wanna ;)

No its ok mate, still like to stick with a Euro shell even though i had to weight it down with 42kg of weights! ;)

Think that didn't help my times too

phase i 16 v turbo
22-08-2011, 19:23
A good day out. Nice too catch up with a few RTOC members and meet some old friends from years back.

Markey Mark (BD)
22-08-2011, 19:27
A good day out. Nice too catch up with a few RTOC members and meet some old friends from years back.

Cheers for popping down with the bits mate, thankfully never needed them but always worth being prepared. :agree:

Think its time you stuck a car together mate and had a go, you got enough spares there to build a car up! :D;)

phase i 16 v turbo
22-08-2011, 19:30
Cheers for popping down with the bits mate, thankfully never needed them but always worth being prepared. :agree:

Think its time you stuck a car together mate and had a go, you got enough spares there to build a car up! :D;)

Would be good fun. I enjoyed watching you, keeping the flag flying for the 8v. Always a pleasure to help and support. When is the next outing.:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
22-08-2011, 19:33
Would be good fun. I enjoyed watching you, keeping the flag flying for the 8v. Always a pleasure to help and support. When is the next outing.:agree:

Few of us popping along to this one

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=23499

rs250nut
22-08-2011, 21:31
[quote=BluntyR5GTT;230613]your joking mate :( was the spring too hard on the external ?

Round the other way bud, it if had a higher poundage spring in it it would have made more boost:)

GTphil
23-08-2011, 15:02
Enjoyed the day, was nice to go watch and stay clean! Some of the civics were proper animals! In fact all the entrants were quick, a bit out of the c1js league, shame really.

5teve L
23-08-2011, 20:22
Taken from Renault5gtturbo.com

Rounds 1&2 of the 2011 UK Outlaw FWD Shootout
15 Competitors fighting it out to be crowned the uk's fastest fwd!
The competitors:
Adam Buckley - Honda Civic Type R - PB: 9.95 @ 153 mph 700bhp
Andy Nichols - Rover MGZR Turbo - PB: 10.23 @ 138mph 650bhp
Yasir Dar Honda - Civic - PB: 10.8 @ 128mph 450bhp
Douglas Gemmell - Honda Civic - PB: 10.92 @129mph 450bhp
Rob Carnson - Honda Civic - PB: 10.95 @ 132mph 500bhp
Kiel Priestman - Honda Civic - PB: 11.2@131mph 600bhp
Alvis Moronta - Honda Civic - PB: 11.3 @ 121mph 300bhp
Paul Bargate - VW Scirocco - PB: 11.31@125.5mph 400bhp
Neil Knight - Honda Civic Type R - PB: 11.5 @ 121 mph 400bhp
Karl Hart - Honda Civic - PB: 11.82@121mph 360bhp
Neil Wrenn - Honda CRX Delsol - PB: 11.84 @ 121mph 500bhp
George - Lockerby Vauxhall Corsa - PB: 11.96 @ 130mph 400bhp
Allan - Duthie Vauxhall Corsa - PB: 12.00@133mph 500bhp
Mark - Galvin Renault 5 GT Turbo - PB: 12.3 @ 111 mph 300bhp
Lee Walker - Honda Civic TypeR - PB: 12.8 @ 115mph 450bhp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHkY-qPvtME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-wBOAVxGFk
1st Eliminator in the 2011 UK Outlaw FWD Shootout
15 Competitors fighting it out to be crowned the uk's fastest fwd!
Rob Carnson vs Mark Galvin
Douglas Gemmell vs Karl Hart
George Lockerby vs Alvis Moronta
Neil Wrenn vs Lee Walker
Mark Galvin vs Rob Carnson
Allan Duthie vs Kiel Priestman
Adam Buckley vs Paul Bargate
Andy Nichols vs Bye
Neil Knight vs Yasir Dar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PdhAKtdnU8
Quarter Finals of the 2011 UK Outlaw FWD Shootout
8 cars left Competitors fighting it out to be crowned the uk's fastest fwd!
Neil Knight vs Karl Hart
Allan Duthie vs Rob Carnson
Adam Buckley vs Alvis Moronta
Andy Nichols vs Neil Wrenn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpk49imbWXI
Semi Finals of the 2011 UK Outlaw FWD Shootout
4 cars left Competitors fighting it out to be crowned the uk's fastest fwd!
Neil Knight vs Allan Duthie
Adam Buckley Andy Nichols
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoo1xaGg0g
Final of the 2011 UK Outlaw FWD Shootout
the last 2 cars left Competitors fighting it out to be crowned the uk's fastest fwd!
Allan Duthie vs Adam Buckley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBehIHDsYk

Thanks to our sponsors
The Driveshaft Shop - http://www.driveshaftshop.com
Quaife - http://www.quaife.co.uk
TDi North - http://www.tdi-north.com
Wizards of NOS - http://www.noswizard.com
EFI Parts - http://www.efi-parts.co.uk
CPL Racing - http://www.cplracing.co.uk
S1 Chiropractic - http://www.s1chiropractic.com
Concept Graphix - http://www.conceptgraphix.com
TTS Performance - http://www.rotrexsuperchargers.co.uk