PDA

View Full Version : Heater controls

going_downhill
20-12-2010, 14:29
Afternoon all, I really need to get started and actually get my heater controls working as i need some heat! At the mo my vents just blow vaguely warm air where ever my dials are set, also you cant direct the blower to feet/face/windscreen.

Any pointers where to start? I guess to remove the panel to see if they are even connected which i'm hoping to do later. Any other common problems that this could be?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-12-2010, 14:45
Have a looksie at the heater cables/controls in the passenger floorwell.

J$£5GTT
20-12-2010, 15:50
i had the problem of mine being stuck on hot,and it turned out to be a snapped arm,to get to it i removed the centre console,and if you get down under the passenger footwell and look up between bottom of dash and the heater box you will see it.

yours may have come off or broken off here or at the other end in the actual dash,if its here then to remedy i drilled a tiny hole it the arm an fixed in place with a tiny zip tie through the cable eyelet,was going to use a very small tapping screw but this seems to have held now for 3+ yrs anyway.
:)

going_downhill
20-12-2010, 16:24
Thanks for the info guys, I'll check it out later if i can brave the cold. Its crazy temps today!

Will have a look behind the heater knobs and in the passenger footwell for starters and with a bit of luck will be warm once again. :agree: