PDA

View Full Version : Ring Trip & events 2011

Jessop
20-12-2010, 10:48
Hi guys,

Work is a nightmare for me to get holidays off, a lot of the popular days like kids holidays in 2011 are already fully booked by other people so im hoping if its possible if any of the events organizers could hint when the likes of the two National days [pod & mallory] are likley to be , as well as if big steve could maybe throw a provisional date up for likley Ring trip dates, as was as nightmare getting them off last minute this year and certainly dont want to miss it for the world. :coffee: :D

Thanks in advance guys.

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-12-2010, 10:51
Dates for pod, mallory havent been set out and tbh unlikely to untill early next year, this is to the venues not sorting out race day calenders yet....

As soon as we the club know so will the members...

Same story with the ring due to the fact the ring clander is not updated much atm....:(

Mart
20-12-2010, 12:59
As said in the other thread, which didn't get much of a response (:() I might be looking into arranging a road-tour sometime next year akin to this: http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/highlands_adventure.asp#col2 but with camping/cheapy B&B's as opposed to 5-star digs for the night.

If there's no interest though, I won't :D

Has it been confirmed that we're back at Mallory for ND next year? Wasn't there talk of alternative venues?

Big Steve - Raider
20-12-2010, 18:17
I can GUARANTEE there will be a trip to the 'ring in June next year! ;)

:beer::beer::beer:

:drunk:

:chuckup:

And you know why that is Jessop! ;)

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-12-2010, 16:12
A different holiday/track week could be a the Ascari Race Resort.... they do track days for about £350 per day open pit lane...

FInd a suitable date, have a mega road trip/ferry trip... hotel/apartment rental (Mike maybe able to help out there??)

something different for 2011...

AlexS
21-12-2010, 16:27
As said in the other thread, which didn't get much of a response (:() I might be looking into arranging a road-tour sometime next year akin to this: http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/highlands_adventure.asp#col2 but with camping/cheapy B&B's as opposed to 5-star digs for the night.

If there's no interest though, I won't :D

Has it been confirmed that we're back at Mallory for ND next year? Wasn't there talk of alternative venues?

I'm in big boy. :) Not sure about camping but BB sounds OK.;)

Mart
21-12-2010, 17:36
Well, that's 2 of us so far then mate :D

Chris, you're looking at a 2.5-3k mile round trip to the ARR, and that's just from Calais.

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-12-2010, 17:42
Well, that's 2 of us so far then mate :D

Chris, you're looking at a 2.5-3k mile round trip to the ARR, and that's just from Calais.

& your point is..... a couple days driving, a few tanks of petrol.... 15 tanks in your evo....:(

Mart
21-12-2010, 17:56
True, but I actually meant you might struggle to get numbers - Cue how chuffed everyone was when we drove to/from Stelvio Pass etc en route to Port Grimaud.

Atmosphere, knife, cut...

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-12-2010, 06:42
True, but I actually meant you might struggle to get numbers - Cue how chuffed everyone was when we drove to/from Stelvio Pass etc en route to Port Grimaud.

Atmosphere, knife, cut...

True mate, oh well perhaps I will just join the ascari club and just pop down for the odd dray day...... its only 15,000 euros plus vat for the basic membership:(... & people thought £25 to join RTOC was expensive.. http://www.ascari.net/

J$£5GTT
22-12-2010, 15:07
I can GUARANTEE there will be a trip to the 'ring in June next year! ;)

:beer::beer::beer:

:drunk:

:chuckup:

And you know why that is Jessop! ;)

june?......why june?
:)

Duncan Grier
22-12-2010, 15:12
J those in the circle of trust know :cooter:.................................whats going on in June lol

Mart
22-12-2010, 15:56
Aii, I was gonna post the same thing Duncan...unless I'm/we're not invited :laugh:

Bigfoot
22-12-2010, 16:09
Im guessing somebody has purchased a ring taxi lap?????

BigWilly425
23-12-2010, 15:07
J those in the circle of trust know :cooter:.................................whats going on in June lol

;) saving my pennies already....!

Ricardo
23-12-2010, 18:20
Looking forward to a UK trackday or 3 in 2011, deffo Ring trip and of course National Day