PDA

View Full Version : not starting

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 17:35
The 5 decided to break down last week whilst driving, The engine just cut out and hasnt started since:mad: The engine will turn over but it wont fire. Originally i thought it was a fuel pump problem as I couldn't hear it any more but i have run a live to the pump and it still works but not when the engine is turning over, I have changed the relays and still nothing:scratch: I forgot to take the multimeter with me so couldnt check for power/earths etc...:ashamed: Also it dosnt look like im getting a spark as well so now im thinking an immobiliser problem as the alarm has been playing up but ive never had this problem before. I have a clifford concept 650(i think) fitted, so if anyone knows a way of bypassing this just to try and see if its the problem as i have a new alarm/immobiliser in doors waiting to be fitted that would be ace or any other help at all would be spot on:D

5teve L
19-12-2010, 18:00
Do they run a TDC sensor ? or crank/cam sensor at all ?

James5
19-12-2010, 18:02
:laugh: more reliable conversion.

Have you got another TDC sensor to try out?

James5
19-12-2010, 18:06
Gary if you want to remove the alarm just merely find the alarm brain box and follow the loom from it and merely cut out, solder an heat shrink the connections back to OE

philg
19-12-2010, 18:16
your head must be done in with this car now gary, hope you get it sorted :)

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 18:30
Do they run a TDC sensor ? or crank/cam sensor at all ?

yes im using a gtt one i checked the connections that i done and they seem ok. Think i have an old one lying around. the one i have on atm is nearly new:scratch:

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 18:32
:laugh: more reliable conversion.

Have you got another TDC sensor to try out?

:jerkoff::laugh:

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 18:34
Gary if you want to remove the alarm just merely find the alarm brain box and follow the loom from it and merely cut out, solder an heat shrink the connections back to OE

I was hoping for something i can do a bit easier by the side of the road. I may be getting it towed back to mine and it can be done properly there but something to just get it started.

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 18:36
Its not been to bad phill serves me right for leaving things i knew had to be done:rolleyes: Was having too much fun driving it tho:D

James5
19-12-2010, 18:40
I was hoping for something i can do a bit easier by the side of the road. I may be getting it towed back to mine and it can be done properly there but something to just get it started.

Not that easy, not sure on the clifford but it will be the same as doing any alarm you need to find the main box and follow the wires as above.

TrixNFlix
19-12-2010, 18:46
Your pissing in the wind realy Gary without your mulimeter, as everything we say to you will be speculation. :p

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 18:48
right o matey il get it towed back to mine and look at it there as i cant be arsed to keep going to it with all me tools on a busyish road. Its prob not the immobiliser at all but the alarm has been getting worse and worse thats what makes me suspect it. Saying that tho the lights (batt and handbrake) come on as they should but wont if the alarm has immobilised its self so that seems to be working as it should in that respect:scratch:

SCHWARTZ
19-12-2010, 18:51
I need to fit my new injectors and turbo (when i get it) and brakes so i think il get it back to mine and sort it all at the same time:rolleyes::D Il let ya know what the multimeter thinks and see what you lot reckon:p:D

SCHWARTZ
01-01-2011, 17:35
all sorted finaly:laugh: turns out the loom had snapped where it gets the power from the alternator:ashamed:. Havnt driven it as i have no turbo on atm but im sure all we be fine:D cheers for the help chaps;)