PDA

View Full Version : rtoc 2011 calendar

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2010, 14:51
hi guys just wondering when the new rtoc 2011 calendar will be available ? also will it be the same size as last time as that was ideal for me :agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
17-12-2010, 15:06
I doubt the club will be doing calenders due to the fact the club only sold 6 for 2010!!

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2010, 15:24
your joking mate surely ? thats pathetic if true i thought the last one was quality come on guys stop being so fecking tight and support your club

TrixNFlix
17-12-2010, 15:34
your joking mate surely ? thats pathetic if true i thought the last one was quality come on guys stop being so fecking tight and support your club

:agree:
Too many people on here tighter than a gnats ass!
For starters renewal prices should double. :agree:

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2010, 15:55

5teve L
17-12-2010, 15:59
Too many people on here tighter than a gnats ass!
For starters renewal prices should double. :agree:
You can pay mine then :cooter:

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2010, 16:07
haha :D

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2010, 16:14
seriously tho guys we really need start supporting this club more as its by far the best club iv been a member of, maybe if we put more in we will get more out eg events etc :agree:

djinuk
17-12-2010, 17:41
id be happy to pay £15 renewal if it meants more events..

I wish rtoc had more events (large scale)

clee
17-12-2010, 18:12
I don't know of any other club that hires POD and Mallory every year :coffee:
What sort of events are we talking about ? More show and shine stuff ? Club presence at motor shows ,Prescott ,WSR ,etc ?
Kitty is very healthy at present but might not always be the case as the cars , plural ?? ( well lets face it ,5GTT ) are only going to get thinner on the ground .

Where's the Big Steve fella at :cooter:

djinuk
17-12-2010, 18:42
nah exactly pod and mallory are amazing, but it feels that this club does great at hosting events, however meets are generally just a bit of a fail. Events dont always have to cost the earth, even sharing costs with other clubs, or failing that just more rolling road sessions etc, more than anything an additional incentive for people to get together as it feels that simply "going to the pub for a beer and a burger" just dosent work.

markey b
17-12-2010, 21:05
I doubt the club will be doing calenders due to the fact the club only sold 6 for 2010!!

i know me and oli have one, that must mean only 4 other people in the whole club purchased one?!?

J$£5GTT
17-12-2010, 21:22
i think there are plenty of events,mallory (or where ever national day location is decided on),we have santa pod,an various track days,an then theres all what goes on outside the club,ring trips...thats a major club trip right there,an the curry nights (some of us dont do just 'burgers')....organise an event an they will travel...well some of us,but that just it 'us' all of us make this club,you just got to get involved,organise something then yourself in the events,get proactive its not going to happen on its own.

then theres the helping members out,i have lost count of the times i have helped folk take engines out or go to collect parts an cars at odd times of the day,but i love it,i love my car an the friends i have made to....

theres not enough meets/events....pah!!!!!...do something about it then!!!
organise something different somewhere different...
:)

car.crash
17-12-2010, 21:46
Above post nailed it :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
17-12-2010, 21:50
Above post nailed it :agree:

Thought the very same marc...:agree:

TNT ANDY
17-12-2010, 22:54
There will be more of a presence from the east 2011:)

And sign me up for a calender

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2010, 07:40
guys i wasnt saying that there aint enough events sorry if it come across that way, just really got to me that outta all the members on here only 6 bought a calendar and i was one of them and only signed up last november iv also bought a t shirt, carb kit and valve stem seals off the club shop, if at any time i can use the shop to buy what i need then i will as it all helps the club as a whole id imagine.

On the events front am in contact with Oulton Park regarding the renaultsport track days they do keep your eyes peeled for updates, another track option im looking at is Donington Park iv even suggested that they consider us for the rtoc national day :)
iv also got a dyno day confirmed for march which has gathered a few guys off here if this is a success then ill get more booked

Mart
18-12-2010, 09:23
i know me and oli have one, that must mean only 4 other people in the whole club purchased one?!?

I bought one.

On the events front, I'll be trying to sort more trackdays for next year, although the overall interest in track driving does seem to have dwindled over the past couple of years. Probably due to £££ outlay/current climate.

I did have an idea of maybe trying to organise a road-tour, taking in some of the UK's badical roads, picturesque views/scenery, a night or 3 of camping/cheapy B&B's along the way; eg, something akin to this: http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/highlands_adventure.asp#col2 but obviously at a cheaper price than what's advertised there.

But, again, not sure what level of interest there would be...?

Big Steve - Raider
18-12-2010, 11:07
I don't know of any other club that hires POD and Mallory every year :coffee:
What sort of events are we talking about ? More show and shine stuff ? Club presence at motor shows ,Prescott ,WSR ,etc ?
Kitty is very healthy at present but might not always be the case as the cars , plural ?? ( well lets face it ,5GTT ) are only going to get thinner on the ground .

Where's the Big Steve fella at :cooter:

:yeah: I'm here Cleemeister! Don't worry mate! ;)

I agree with you, I think we organise quite a few events & stuff but it's always the same group of guys that attend?

I did have an idea of maybe trying to organise a road-tour, taking in some of the UK's badical roads, picturesque views/scenery, a night or 3 of camping/cheapy B&B's along the way; eg, something akin to this: http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/highlands_adventure.asp#col2 but obviously at a cheaper price than what's advertised there.

But, again, not sure what level of interest there would be...?

I like this idea & we've spoke about doing a drive to Newquay "run to the sun" stylee but again who's going to go?? For you it's a right trek down from the north east?

Mart
18-12-2010, 15:03
Compared to trekking to the 'Ring from up here, it'll be like a drive to the shops & back :D

I wasn't thinking Newquay anyway. Sure, it's a great destination & all that, but the roads aren't that special in Cornwall/Devon. I was thinking more north of the border...

J$£5GTT
18-12-2010, 16:29
Compared to trekking to the 'Ring from up here, it'll be like a drive to the shops & back :D

I wasn't thinking Newquay anyway. Sure, it's a great destination & all that, but the roads aren't that special in Cornwall/Devon. I was thinking more north of the border...

sounds interesting...i never been to scotland..:)

Mr Raider
19-12-2010, 16:21
Ill have 2011 calender, new year approaching so be good to build on what we have got and get few new things going on :)