PDA

View Full Version : Best place to fit oil pressure sensor

doggydowg22
16-12-2010, 21:55
Hi guys

Where is best place to fit an oil pressure sensor is it in the standard oil feed pipe to turbo?

And is mech or electrical best?

Ive got an oil gauge that I ran coppper pipe to from my old xr2 turbo kicking around any ideas what kind of adapter I should use to get it in the oil line?

Are the oil filiter adapter pick ups for oil pressure gauges worth doing?

Thanks.

markey b
16-12-2010, 22:25
Hi guys

Where is best place to fit an oil pressure sensor is it in the standard oil feed pipe to turbo?

And is mech or electrical best?

Ive got an oil gauge that I ran coppper pipe to from my old xr2 turbo kicking around any ideas what kind of adapter I should use to get it in the oil line?

Are the oil filiter adapter pick ups for oil pressure gauges worth doing?

Thanks.

oil feed

mecanical (capillary)

?

oil filter adaptor will space your filter too far foreward, dont forget u already have a sandwich plate on there already for ya oil cooler

Mr Raider
16-12-2010, 22:27
You can either fit oil pressure gauge on turbo oil feed, on the oil filter sandwich plate or I believe where original oil pressure sender for original dash gauge is on block.

Im running the one on the oil filter sanwich plate at mo, bought another sandwich plate from CGB Motorsport which already had the gauge fixing in for mechanical capillary gauge also bought from CGB, whole lot was around 45.00, you might be able to use existing oil gauge from XR2 if its mechanical and have the correct fittings to go on sandwich plate which is an option