PDA

View Full Version : AEM Tru boost controller

James5
16-12-2010, 13:07
Just wondering if anyone can help me, I have recently purchased a AEM UEGO wideband kit and a AEM Tru boost controller kit. Now the wideband kit is easy to wire up so is the Tru boost kit but my only concern is in setting up the Tru boost controller to function as if it was just a normal under bonnet bleed valve with a max boost setting.

I watched a few of the AEM video's on youtube and it has confused the feck out of me:scared:. It said it would be easy on the advert:laugh: being a :rob: I need as much help / advice as possible.

Any advice / help welcome

Scoff
16-12-2010, 21:18
If you've got a 2 port actuator you want to do something like in the diagram on this page:

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=222

(thats the same solenoid you get in the TRU-BOOST kit btw)

If you use a single port then you need to "T" port 1 into the actuator line and leave port 2 and 3 open. As duty goes up, the bleed will increase.

James5
16-12-2010, 23:00
Cheers Chris i am running single port actuator on a vnt :) will try T'ing it in many thanks

:ashamed:Just had a look at the link didn't realise you sold the AEM bit's I will remember to look at your site next time Chris.

James5
18-12-2010, 13:31
OK just one more quick question what would you set the wastegate crack pressure @ ?? (I am using VNT don't forget)

I think mine is fully open @14psi when the under bonnet bleed valve is removed so I assume I should be setting the wastegate crack pressure around 7psi ish and then just need to set the duty cycle until I get the boost level I am wanting :D

(I also bought the AEM UEGO afr kit aswell).

Need to look into a kit to detect knock (don't want to run stethoscope)

SCHWARTZ
18-12-2010, 14:32
just wack the boost up as high as poss:D

James5
18-12-2010, 14:51
just wack the boost up as high as poss:D

I wish it was that simple :laugh: it's the buttons on the gauge and the settings I have to do that confuse me:scratch::rob:

James5
27-12-2010, 20:10
Not sure peeps are interested but for reference if anyone else has this setup and needs guidance here's some basics to help you out.

OK just spent the last 20mins going up and down my private test track in the 5 GTT whilst having a little play with the AEM tru boost to control my max boost.

I have set my VNT Actuator crack presure @ 3.2psi

Duty cycle A set @ 41%
Duty cyle B set @ 41 %

This gives me 20psi manifold.

In addition to the above I found that my first diagram in this thread would only allow me a max of 16psi manifold using 90% duty cycle which is the max the AEM tru boost controller allows, so I set about playing with the solenoid connections and managed to alter it as per the attached new diagram this has enabled me to reach 20psi manifold @ only 41% Duty cycle. Once I have worked out a way to monitor det / knock other than wearing fecking stethoscope I will increase the boost level with fueling to match.

Have to say seems a good bit of kit not sure it's worth the money I paid but still so far I recomend it:agree::D

ioshi_s_golf
27-12-2010, 20:38
I wish it was that simple :laugh: it's the buttons on the gauge and the settings I have to do that confuse me:scratch::rob:

It looks really nice mate :)

Chris Hebden
28-12-2010, 16:56
Does it vary much depending on where on the carb you connect the controller too?