PDA

View Full Version : german swedish french discount rtoc

doggydowg22
14-12-2010, 18:23
Do we actualy get discount as I showed my rtoc card and he said he wont do discount on oil but would on things like driveshafts and filters.What if any discount do we get and should it be on oil aswell?thanks

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 11:54
i think admin will answer this for you shortly paul.:agree:

James5
15-12-2010, 12:12
i think admin will answer this for you shortly paul.:agree:

Could always check out the contacts section of this site:laugh:

GSF Car parts (German Swedish French)GSF Car parts (German Swedish French)
The Planet Centre, Armadale Road, Feltham, (nr Heathrow Terminal 4), TW14 0LW

Large Motor factor supplying genuine Renault (eg Valeo) parts up to 70% off MRP. 57 branches nationwide.

Phone: 020 8917 3888 (mail order centre)
Fax: Phone 0870 60 60 153 for nearest branch
Web: http://www.gsfcarparts.com (http://www.gsfcarparts.com/)
Email: enquiries@gsfcarparts.com (enquiries@gsfcarparts.com)

Discount information: Discounts vary, you must produce your RTOC membership card in store or quote Privelege Card online

http://www.rtoc.org/contacts/P.GIFhttp://www.rtoc.org/contacts/S.GIFhttp://www.rtoc.org/contacts/member_discounts.GIF

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 12:52
doggydowg has contacted them already and been there and showed his m/card, theyve refused discount on the oil:confused:, basically he wants to know if others have had discount on their oil:D,i get quite a large discount (even on oil) at my local factors and i wouldnt even class myself as a regular!

dangerous dave
15-12-2010, 16:32
i find they give f*ck all discount, they have targets to meet and if the guy isn't interested in discounting he wont, or he'll say he has when he clearly hasn't..

a mate was working there for a while, full set of calipers and other gear f*cking cheap and thats with him putting a drink on it.. i stick with my halfords trade card, they order from the local motorfactors anyway which can be hit and miss for a discount..

walking in with a few reg numbers ordering up parts for a few cars looks good and they often knock down the price... i just wait till i need a few bits or ask if anyone wants me to pick them some stuff up.. also acting clueless about the reg, make of car etc works, remember its a customers car, not yours.. they want to give trade to guys in the trade, not us guys off the street:crap:

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 18:26
i find they give f*ck all discount, they have targets to meet and if the guy isn't interested in discounting he wont, or he'll say he has when he clearly hasn't..

a mate was working there for a while, full set of calipers and other gear f*cking cheap and thats with him putting a drink on it.. i stick with my halfords trade card, they order from the local motorfactors anyway which can be hit and miss for a discount..

walking in with a few reg numbers ordering up parts for a few cars looks good and they often knock down the price... i just wait till i need a few bits or ask if anyone wants me to pick them some stuff up.. also acting clueless about the reg, make of car etc works, remember its a customers car, not yours.. they want to give trade to guys in the trade, not us guys off the street:crap:

this is true, it all depends on the bloke behind the counter, i have bought from gsf in the past and various other m/factors and it does depend what mood the salesman is in, no point in even having them in the discount section,imo. i find ebay now as my main source for cheap parts even my oil.http://serve.mysmiley.net/adult/jackoff.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=adult/jackoff.gif)

Sparkie
15-12-2010, 20:26
acting clueless about the reg, make of car etc works, remember its a customers car, not yours..

super fail.
best way to pi$$ off the guy behind the counter, also guaranteed to be supplied the wrong part. they have to with ar$e holes asking for 'best price' all day - not knowing what car you are buying parts for is asking for trouble....

dangerous dave
15-12-2010, 21:04
super fail.
best way to pi$$ off the guy behind the counter, also guaranteed to be supplied the wrong part. they have to with ar$e holes asking for 'best price' all day - not knowing what car you are buying parts for is asking for trouble....

i said act, i always have a list of reg makes, models, parts wanted and have them get some part and quote the rest so i can get the ok from my real, or spoof customer.. you couldn't expect a mechanic to remember every reg, but you know the guy coming in for his diy service kits gonna spit it off memory.. when i go in looking and talking like im in the business still, it works, when i walk in asking for my own gear i get quoted £100 for a renault 5 headlight.. when i was working on my or other peoples cars each weekend doing home jobs i never had a problem with prices, its when i stopped..

i never ask for a best price, its a waste of time so i just walk if its more than it should be.. that said i've walked away a few times thinking there fecking me over and i've not found a cheaper price even flashing a trade card or knowing the guy behind the counter..:crap: swings and roundabouts, you win some you lose some..

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 21:35
super fail.

you dont ask you dont get,IMO:laugh:

phase i 16 v turbo
16-12-2010, 10:26
I find the more you use a supplier the better they look after you. What oil do you need?
Cheers
Mike

doggydowg22
16-12-2010, 17:32
Ive already got the oil 10w40, they wont be getting my custom again!GSF can poke my rtoc non discount up their a5se.

phase i 16 v turbo
16-12-2010, 18:23
Ive already got the oil 10w40, they wont be getting my custom again!GSF can poke my rtoc non discount up their a5se.
If you need oil next time I can get good deals, but the p&p is the pain due to weight.

Cheers
Mike

Sparkie
17-12-2010, 00:02
i never ask for a best price, its a waste of time so i just walk if its more than it should be.. that said i've walked away a few times thinking there fecking me over and i've not found a cheaper price even flashing a trade card or knowing the guy behind the counter..:crap: swings and roundabouts, you win some you lose some..

i wasn't having a pop mate - in brum there are plenty of bearded taxi driving types who try it on the front counter....

i wouldn't worry anyway, alot of r5 stuff at gsf has disappeared off the shelves - less reason to go there eh?

dangerous dave
17-12-2010, 12:21
i wasn't having a pop mate - in brum there are plenty of bearded taxi driving types who try it on the front counter....

i wouldn't worry anyway, alot of r5 stuff at gsf has disappeared off the shelves - less reason to go there eh?

I know :)

When my friend was there he said they were running the r5 stocks out, my local auto factors have been useless so I was considering how long my r5 ownership should last. :(

We still have cgb breaking everyone and mikes warehouses full so should be ok a few more years.