PDA

View Full Version : campus filler conversion?

REGGY5GT
13-12-2010, 23:30
converted my filler neck to campus tonight as i always catch the res tank on certain bumps in my town,lol, now, there are two pipes that come off the reserve tank, 1-coming direct off the top to the big breather pipe and 2nd-going from little res pump towards sender, ive blanked both is this ok or do they need to go certain places??

J$£5GTT
14-12-2010, 19:29
you catch your reserve tank on certain bumps,what you driving over for god sake?

Junglist
14-12-2010, 19:44
i took mine off as its pointless, renault could have just made the main tank 5 ltr bigger ,, i just blanked them pipes off m8 ( bent over and zip tie)

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 13:18
trust, theres some viscous bumps at weird angles in my town, n thanks dan yeh ive blanked the pipes with a couple of bolts and zipties and tucked them away.:agree:

philr5t
15-12-2010, 13:42
im sure they are breather pipes just trying to remember how i connected them up when i done the campus neck mod on mine as i never blanked them off

if you have the haines manual there are 2 pictures in there i believe one with the reserve tank in place and one without the reserve tank and i used this diagram to work out which pipe went to were hope this helps in anyway mate

phil :)

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 15:07
hi phil, yeh i had a look in the haynes at the two different setups, now the top reserve tank pipe T's into the large breather pipe on the top of the main tank so i blanked that as it breaths up to the cap anyway and the other little pipe goes from the res auxiallry pump and T's in near the fuel sender i also blanked that pipe aswel and it seems to run ok, do you know what that pipe is near the sender that the res tank pump pumps to??

philr5t
15-12-2010, 15:48
hi phil, yeh i had a look in the haynes at the two different setups, now the top reserve tank pipe T's into the large breather pipe on the top of the main tank so i blanked that as it breaths up to the cap anyway and the other little pipe goes from the res auxiallry pump and T's in near the fuel sender i also blanked that pipe aswel and it seems to run ok, do you know what that pipe is near the sender that the res tank pump pumps to??

christ off the top of my head mate i dont have a clue :scratch:

REGGY5GT
15-12-2010, 18:30
lol, no worries mate, if i start getting loads of vacuum in my tank or a strong smell of petrol then ill know ive gone wrong,:agree:

Matt Cole
28-04-2018, 21:00
The pipe to the sender is the pumped feed to the tank. It is also feed off to another breather on the top of the tank. Blocking it off causes the pipe to effectively be as the Campus set up.