PDA

View Full Version : Torsion bar extra van style

Adam 005
13-12-2010, 22:25
I have a set of extra van torsion bars and was wondering if there is any advantage using them over the o.e bars on my gt turbo?:)

J$£5GTT
14-12-2010, 18:08
id say no,but thats only because i have never heard or seen anyone on here with issues with the oe gtt torsion bar ads,what could the advantage be?,does it look much different?
thicker bars maybe?
:)

Big Steve - Raider
14-12-2010, 18:10
It's apparently a good mod for those of you who are into the whole maximum track attack thing as it stiffens up the rear, no end.

There's a bloke with a bright orange Clio Valver that did it to his car.

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-12-2010, 18:13
I wonder if there the same as the cup car ones....;)

Brigsy
14-12-2010, 19:09
The normal payload extra van 575 bars that are fitted to mine are no stiffer than stock Gtt.

The high payload is apparently stiffer, I'm sure the beam looks different in design?

Tony Walker
14-12-2010, 20:40
stiffer isnt allways better.

Alastair
15-12-2010, 05:22
I have a set of extra van torsion bars and was wondering if there is any advantage using them over the o.e bars on my gt turbo?:)

Adam,

Can you measure the diameter of them please? Also do you have the ARBs to go with them?

I found the OE Group N ARBs and TBs makes a big difference, once you get the damping set up to match. Without, they make the rear 'skip' a lot on the road as you go over crests/bumps. :eek: Probably too stiff for a comfortable road car though.

Al