PDA

View Full Version : seat refurb

doggydowg22
11-12-2010, 13:30
Hiya guys

Im looking at getting some r5 turbo seats refurbed the bolsters have sagged and top bolsters ripped.Has anyone had ther seats refurbed local to Portsmouth any contact details and what sort of price am I looking at thanks.

Adam 005
11-12-2010, 13:46
Hiya guys

Im looking at getting some r5 turbo seats refurbed the bolsters have sagged and top bolsters ripped.Has anyone had ther seats refurbed local to Portsmouth any contact details and what sort of price am I looking at thanks.

seat bolster foam is available for a round £10 per side the problem you will have is finding material to repair the seats.:)There are a couple of places in southampton that do retrims but i can't remember thire name somthing and gibson maybe a search of the boards will help with that.Price wise i would think you would need to get them looked at by the trimer.

doggydowg22
11-12-2010, 13:50
many thanks il google that company ta.

Adam 005
11-12-2010, 13:51
many thanks il google that company ta.
try searching rtoc aswell

5teve L
11-12-2010, 14:17
http://www.gibsontrimming.com/

BriC
11-12-2010, 18:43
http://www.gibsontrimming.com/

They're reet expensive though!

J$£5GTT
11-12-2010, 21:51
i think it would be better to just source some second hand replacements,there about an it would be the same material an cheaper than say if new was available.
:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
11-12-2010, 21:53
New material is available..... ;)

Adam 005
11-12-2010, 23:21
New material is available..... ;)

any clue as to where one might get some of this mmaterial:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-12-2010, 00:32
any clue as to where one might get some of this mmaterial:)

Ebay France, Spain and Holland.... There is a guy in Spain who's listing is out of date.... but he claims to have enough material to do 100's of seats... both front and back seats... even Raider material is available...

Next time I see the advert I will post on here.... but its worth looking on European Ebay...

J$£5GTT
12-12-2010, 17:20
i remember a post with a picture showing the red fleck but not blue raider fleck...that available?....if it was i wound not bother anyway because i got another option an way better idea...;):D

Jimmy_GTT
16-12-2010, 13:11
Ebay France, Spain and Holland.... There is a guy in Spain who's listing is out of date.... but he claims to have enough material to do 100's of seats... both front and back seats... even Raider material is available...

Next time I see the advert I will post on here.... but its worth looking on European Ebay...

But I've only seen the material for the middle part of the seats. Have you ever seen original material for the black (ribbed) parts? I think it is more vulnerable.

J$£5GTT
17-12-2010, 10:06
But I've only seen the material for the middle part of the seats. Have you ever seen original material for the black (ribbed) parts? I think it is more vulnerable.

more prone to were,not as thick an robust as the rest of the seats,thats another issue you have to be very careful with fitting new bolsters over very worn an thin material..fail!!
and arent those new foam bolsters...think there in classifieds (same as ebay ones?) a bit on the large side compared to originals?,some folk have had problems getting material over them?