PDA

View Full Version : Catch Tank advice

MH Vehicle Solutions
07-12-2010, 22:04
Having had problems since doing my headgasket, i have been advised by a few of you guys to get a catch tank, i was wondering if someone could advise me/give me an example of the sort of tank i need to purchase. The ones i have seen have two inlets/outlets and i am confused, thought i only needed one? If i need two, could someone tell me where the other one comes from/goes to? Piping wise i have a pipe coming from swirl pot to rocker cover, and another coming from swirl pot which at the moment goes to a tee, then off the inlet manifold, and a filter on the other side of the tee, do i do the mod and blank the inlet off, and go straight from swirl pot to catch tank?any advise would be great as i need to order one so i get it for the weekend :) thanks guys

rs250nut
07-12-2010, 22:26
Having had problems since doing my headgasket, i have been advised by a few of you guys to get a catch tank, i was wondering if someone could advise me/give me an example of the sort of tank i need to purchase. The ones i have seen have two inlets/outlets and i am confused, thought i only needed one? If i need two, could someone tell me where the other one comes from/goes to? Piping wise i have a pipe coming from swirl pot to rocker cover, and another coming from swirl pot which at the moment goes to a tee, then off the inlet manifold, and a filter on the other side of the tee, do i do the mod and blank the inlet off, and go straight from swirl pot to catch tank?any advise would be great as i need to order one so i get it for the weekend :) thanks guys

You can use a tin can as a catch tank if you like or you can buy a bling one. Blank the hole on the back of the manifold and use a 90 degree bend on the rocker cover to go to the catch can. You can also connect the tube that goes to the sump to the catch can as another breather or you can blank it off, or you could use it in the o.e way as a drain back.

phase i 16 v turbo
08-12-2010, 13:00
Got this one you need one.