PDA

View Full Version : Familiar 5 been stolen!

Markey Mark (BD)
04-12-2010, 18:56
This might be long shot now but just been informed this have has been stolen

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee290/01162831327/01082010036.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee290/01162831327/01082010039.jpg

Its Char's and Matt (Not Normals) old 5, the car was stolen week or so ago in the Liecester area but only just found out. If see it about or are offered any parts from it then let me know.

Its very recognisable with the welded in rolllcage, flocked dash and Vauxhall silver paint.
Did have Tomcat turbo, frontera intercooler, spax coilovers and magnex exhaust just to name a few bits

Gttnutter
05-12-2010, 21:51
They were brave with all the switches and buttons mark!

most likly dead now i'd expect :disagree:

markey b
06-12-2010, 12:13
that cage is awesome :cry:

modfather
06-12-2010, 12:46
that cage is awesome :cry:

:agree: its a shame some :jerkoff: had to steel it. i hope the cnut gets caught and the car gets returned to the owner

djinuk
14-12-2010, 13:11
eyes are peeled as thats pretty local to me

bigbadboytank
14-12-2010, 13:16
they wounldn't of got far.... you were always fixing the bloody thing !

MADFIVE
14-12-2010, 19:17
i will keep a look out for this as im in leicester. :agree:

going_downhill
15-12-2010, 12:21
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I think i saw this in Eastwood, Notts but it was more like 4 weeks a go i think? Has the owner passed through Eastwood about 4 weeks a go?

Markey Mark (BD)
15-12-2010, 19:28
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I think i saw this in Eastwood, Notts but it was more like 4 weeks a go i think? Has the owner passed through Eastwood about 4 weeks a go?

Talking to owner thats prob around time it was stolen, was say was week or two before i was told.

I'll double check with him.

Nick k
21-12-2010, 23:03
This might be long shot now but just been informed this have has been stolen

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee290/01162831327/01082010036.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee290/01162831327/01082010039.jpg

Its Char's and Matt (Not Normals) old 5, the car was stolen week or so ago in the Liecester area but only just found out. If see it about or are offered any parts from it then let me know.

Its very recognisable with the welded in rolllcage, flocked dash and Vauxhall silver paint.
Did have Tomcat turbo, frontera intercooler, spax coilovers and magnex exhaust just to name a few bits

Where is Leicester was it taken?, was it locked in a garage or anything? :scared: Would'nt want the cab or Tor's 5 to go awol!!

djinuk
21-06-2012, 22:23
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-5-1-4-GT-TURBO-195BHP-MODIFITED-UNFINISHED-PROJECT-/110902035393?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19d246c3c1

thats the car!!!!!

DLampitt
21-06-2012, 22:28
why has a salvage yard got it ? looks like its been abused hope it getsreturned to its owner

djinuk
21-06-2012, 22:32
although ive just noticed they have a rolling road printout.. hmm :S.. generally you wouldnt have that knda stuff if it was half inched.. very strange

Nick k
21-06-2012, 22:33
Does'nt say if they have the V5 either, I would suspect it was found and insurance paid out, He has paperwork with it and seems to knows alot about it.

Sparkie
21-06-2012, 22:44
Does'nt say if they have the V5 either, I would suspect it was found and insurance paid out, He has paperwork with it and seems to knows alot about it.

heaven forbid that someone thought their car was worth good money, couldn't sell for what they wanted, had it insured for a decent amount and then it got stolen.... (maybe its just me and my suspicious mind.)
then insurance paid out and now the ebay dude has got it....

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-06-2012, 00:01
heaven forbid that someone thought their car was worth good money, couldn't sell for what they wanted, had it insured for a decent amount and then it got stolen.... (maybe its just me and my suspicious mind.)
then insurance paid out and now the ebay dude has got it....

:agree:

SirSamuelOfBuca
22-06-2012, 09:21
Strange one :S

Markey Mark (BD)
22-06-2012, 15:02
I'm dubious if it was ever stolen as it has all the paperwork for it still of what was done to it all them years ago
Just word of advice don't believe all the spec of the engine, i know it changed a far bit since the Europarts Race engine as i worked on it and changed bits.

I'm watching it on ebay anyway, might have use for it ;)

TNT Tricky Nicky
22-06-2012, 18:10
I've not had a car stolen but at a guess wouldn't the insurance company want all receipts/paperwork to verify work done to gauge value?

when mine was insured like for like I was told to keep all receipts so that all work carried out on my car had a paper trail as otherwise standard parts would be used to repair/replace.

maybe the car was recovered after insurance payout so paperwork went with car when sold at auction so buy/seller had proof of value.

(although we don't live in an ideal world :()

R5TURBORON
22-06-2012, 19:11
Might go have a look it's local to me ask some questions

GTphil
22-06-2012, 20:03
I remember this car, last time I saw it it had a turbo on there that didn't even think about boosting till over 5k rpm:eek: and a really well done screamer pipe with external wastegate.

Also a 4k paint job if memorie serves me right:wasntme:

As Mark says, doubt many of the goodies will still be on it, the cage does look good. Shame how some of em end up really.

Markey Mark (BD)
22-06-2012, 21:41
I remember this car, last time I saw it it had a turbo on there that didn't even think about boosting till over 5k rpm:eek: and a really well done screamer pipe with external wastegate.

Also a 4k paint job if memorie serves me right:wasntme:

As Mark says, doubt many of the goodies will still be on it, the cage does look good. Shame how some of em end up really.

I know the goodies aren't there, i took them off! :laugh:

I did a fair amount of work to that car in the end, had to change pistons, cam, turbo and sort the front end out too
I know of the person who done cage and dash, shocking isn't the word! :eek:

Scoff
22-06-2012, 23:51
was the car stolen from the guy that charlotte sold it to ? I did some work with the car too. It was a good car I, what I remember of it.

what was up with the cage mark ? I remember rob who made it, I thought it was quite trick ?

clee
23-06-2012, 19:23
I saw this go past on the back of a trailer last week when I was in the factors .It's in my town ,if anyone wants I can pop in and try and suss out the seller ;)

Markey Mark (BD)
24-06-2012, 16:09
was the car stolen from the guy that charlotte sold it to ? I did some work with the car too. It was a good car I, what I remember of it.

what was up with the cage mark ? I remember rob who made it, I thought it was quite trick ?

It was apparently stolen from the guy who Charlotte sold it too, he told me it went missing but didn't hear much after that.

The welding on the cage was shocking mate, not fully welded, bars not cut correctly to length and filled with weld, all abit shocking to be honest mate.

I'm interested in this car purely to use for someone else as his shell is shot and he likes look of this one, i might send message to ask how much they would want for it but might just keep eye on ebay.

Trevhib
25-06-2012, 10:22
Wasn't this originally Alex's car (5alldaway). I remember him having trouble with the welds on that screamer pipe when it was first fitted. Yeaaars ago.

Markey Mark (BD)
25-06-2012, 17:27
Wasn't this originally Alex's car (5alldaway). I remember him having trouble with the welds on that screamer pipe when it was first fitted. Yeaaars ago.

It was Matts (Not Normal) old car, sure Alex's old car was white

Trevhib
25-06-2012, 17:47
Oh, yes, that's right. I have the pair of them mixed up, oops. :agree:

Gttnutter
25-06-2012, 22:23
Just for the interest of rtoc it'd be some gossip if one of you locals to it went and fathered out some more info.
Mark, I remember the top windscreen bar wasn't even fully welded around. And a small issue with the operation of the doors getting out.

5alldaway
26-06-2012, 18:58
Oh, yes, that's right. I have the pair of them mixed up, oops. :agree:

why is that because we was both fat lol!

Trevhib
26-06-2012, 19:08
:innocent:

kentraider
27-06-2012, 12:58
bit late now but im sure this cars been sold via pistonheads its advert is still on there :coffee::coffee:

Nottswoody
15-07-2012, 18:00
So an update on this car.. While me and r5turboron was lowering my car a guy came over saying he needs a new bottom end for his five.. It turns out he paid £800 from the scrapers it was at.. It's now In staple ford Nottingham. I have asked him to join here and contact mike for an uprated bottom end as his says it's running 26psi.

5alldaway
03-08-2012, 22:07
lol years ago when matt owned it he tried to sell it to me, and when i told him i couldnt afford it he said he would be happy for me to pay installments :laugh:

Markey Mark (BD)
04-08-2012, 17:43
So an update on this car.. While me and r5turboron was lowering my car a guy came over saying he needs a new bottom end for his five.. It turns out he paid £800 from the scrapers it was at.. It's now In staple ford Nottingham. I have asked him to join here and contact mike for an uprated bottom end as his says it's running 26psi.

I hope its not running 26psi as i set that carb for alot less than that when i worked on it :eek:
When i was collecting some seats that way i found out the car was there and bottom end was knocking, wonder if he realises that some of the stuff the seller said it had in that engine isn't actually there anymore

Nottswoody
04-08-2012, 17:58
I hope its not running 26psi as i set that carb for alot less than that when i worked on it :eek:
When i was collecting some seats that way i found out the car was there and bottom end was knocking, wonder if he realises that some of the stuff the seller said it had in that engine isn't actually there anymore

Well I text him the details o someone selling a bottom end on here but he never got back to me.. I guess it's another off the road for a while..

old skool turbo power
05-08-2012, 00:55
why is that because we was both fat lol!

that other guy was pretty big though,not to your level though mate.
i remember seing this car at the FCS I THINK at loughborough air feild i think it was 2005 or 2006,his postive starter motor lead had burnt out and they was trying to rebuild part of the ecu wiring somthing like that anyway......:scratch:one thing i do remember was that car was stupidly low :laugh:

r5 rich
06-09-2012, 15:24
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-5-gt-turbo-breaking-full-car/110451255

look what has turned up ONCE again!!

Nottswoody
06-09-2012, 15:38
Well I won't be buying any engine parts he was asking for a bottom end when he came over to mine.. But I guess the rest maybe ok..

Scoff
06-09-2012, 17:39
that other guy was pretty big though,not to your level though mate.
i remember seing this car at the FCS I THINK at loughborough air feild i think it was 2005 or 2006,his postive starter motor lead had burnt out and they was trying to rebuild part of the ecu wiring somthing like that anyway......:scratch:one thing i do remember was that car was stupidly low :laugh:

that was me fixing his loom :crap:

Markey Mark (BD)
07-09-2012, 19:30
Well I won't be buying any engine parts he was asking for a bottom end when he came over to mine.. But I guess the rest maybe ok..

Be wary, half the stuff that was originally stated about the engine in the eBay add isn't there.
Thats alot of money he wanted for it when the engine was knackered, shame to see it go but if rot has got hold of it maybe its too far gone

Nottswoody
07-09-2012, 19:34
Be wary, half the stuff that was originally stated about the engine in the eBay add isn't there.
Thats alot of money he wanted for it when the engine was knackered, shame to see it go but if rot has got hold of it maybe its too far gone

I never got to see it mark it might be worth someone poping and seeing it maybe he's just scared of any welding plus if the engines knackerd it can scare most novices he seemed the kind to live of its former boost pressure..

r5 rich
23-09-2012, 15:12
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-5-gt-turbo-200-bhp-plus/1001111705

up for sale again!