PDA

View Full Version : sandwich plate help

danielmk323
04-12-2010, 13:36
hi guys i have fit it a front oil cooler whit braided hoses but i fond a problem whit one of the fittings on the sandwich plate is leaking oil and now i am confused do i need to fit some cooper washers under them any help pls

car.crash
04-12-2010, 14:45
you shouldnt need any washers as long as the fittings are correct for each other, try some ptfe tape and dont go mad when tightening them up, if it continues to leak tighten a little more. a picture of your setup would help if the ptfe tape doesnt work. it costs around £1 a roll and can be found at any plumbers or diy merchant.

danielmk323
04-12-2010, 21:14
you shouldnt need any washers as long as the fittings are correct for each other, try some ptfe tape and dont go mad when tightening them up, if it continues to leak tighten a little more. a picture of your setup would help if the ptfe tape doesnt work. it costs around £1 a roll and can be found at any plumbers or diy merchant.

Tank you for the help mate i will try it i have some tape my setup is like the mocal kit and the fittings are all brand new

DK DEVELOPMENTS
05-12-2010, 12:58
You should have washers between thehttp://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=456&pictureid=6580 sandwich plate and adapter fittings like the ones in my pic

danielmk323
05-12-2010, 17:07
tank you for the help i will try and get some cooper ones i don't now how can it leak oil from the fittings they should be tapered to seal not to leak lol and my frend told me i could use some locktite hydraulic sealant to seal them any one have try it