PDA

View Full Version : billet turbos

tubby5
29-11-2010, 14:41
anyone useing one of these???im seriously considering getting one for the 5efte as the hybrid tdo4 is a bit small

the turbos i have seen are these
http://scoobyclinic.com/products_engine.htm

the one im interested in is the sc36\16g,ust waiting for them to get back regarding specs

are they really that much better than a non billet turbo????

tubby5
29-11-2010, 21:07
Anyone???
Someone must know if these are alot better than the non billet turbos

Rob@Backyardracing
29-11-2010, 21:14
hmmm, never heard of those units before.

these are a well known proven billets turbos, lots to choose from....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/
Precision-SC6262SP-Billet-Turbo-NEW-SC6262-T3-T4-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518d7afbe5QQitemZ35026 5998309QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

rs250nut
29-11-2010, 21:43
Precision mmmmm..................... Garrett have just released a range of billet wheel turbos, I think the smallest at the moment is the replacement gtx3582r. Good for higher pressure ratios:devil:

tubby5
29-11-2010, 21:45
Can't seem to get the link to work:-(

are they really that much better than a non billet turbo??

rs250nut
29-11-2010, 21:52
It's not just that it's a billet wheel most new wheel designs are alot more efficient than older stuff.

Rob@Backyardracing
29-11-2010, 21:56
tbh, i would say no, a bigger turbo is always the way to make more power, these billet units make more power for the same size, so in drag racing if a class is limited to say a 62mm max compressor, then the billet version will usually make more hp for its size vs the non billet jobbies, but its not much, we switched to a billet unit last year, and the gain was minimal. the theory is that the blades are thinner, and the part of the compressor where shaft comes through is narrower, (they can make bits thinner vs cast and still retain good strength) so less un-productive metal on the wheel, and more flow.

but as i say, bigger is still better imo :D

Rob@Backyardracing
29-11-2010, 21:58
It's not just that it's a billet wheel most new wheel designs are alot more efficient than older stuff.

this is true, but its usually at the very high pressure ratios where they really shine, most road cars wont get into those pressures id guess

rs250nut
29-11-2010, 22:01
tbh, i would say no, a bigger turbo is always the way to make more power, these billet units make more power for the same size, so in drag racing if a class is limited to say a 62mm max compressor, then the billet version will usually make more hp for its size vs the non billet jobbies, but its not much, we switched to a billet unit last year, and the gain was minimal. the theory is that the blades are thinner, and the part of the compressor where shaft comes through is narrower, (they can make bits thinner vs cast and still retain good strength) so less un-productive metal on the wheel, and more flow.

but as i say, bigger is still better imo :D

Big turbos ftw, I don't have the bottle to try a 72mm on my b16 though, I will have to settle for a 67mm. Lol

Rob@Backyardracing
29-11-2010, 22:20
67mm is plenty, im sure youve seen the numbers "true street" class knocks out :)

rs250nut
29-11-2010, 22:43
67mm is plenty, im sure youve seen the numbers "true street" class knocks out :)

Yeah should be sweet, plus I don't have enough money to run a 72mm turbo either.:laugh: The drive train is going to have a hard time as it is.