PDA

View Full Version : Snow reports....?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
27-11-2010, 20:28
Here we go again as some parts of the country grind to a halt.
Who has some?
Who doesn't have some?
Who is loving it or hating it? (Jessop in the GT obviously due to the pics)

Matt5

TrixNFlix
27-11-2010, 20:44
No snow in Preston, lancashire :(

phase i 16 v turbo
27-11-2010, 20:46
No snow in southampton.:cartman:

modfather
27-11-2010, 20:46
only had about an inch of snow here last night. my kids still managed to have snowball fights tho :laugh:

The new Bill J
27-11-2010, 20:53
Nothing here but sunshine :cry:

I'm still in my t-shirt at work :cool:

Brigsy
27-11-2010, 20:54
About 5" here, even snow on the beach! the roads have ground to a halt

Matt Cole
27-11-2010, 21:04
My village is blocked in!!:eek: no way in or out today. Utter dog **** if we were all dying up here.:mad:

Ashy
27-11-2010, 21:06
This was my house this morning

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=883&pictureid=13990

Its still snowing too :eek:

Andrew Cooke
27-11-2010, 21:09
just a dusting here, the builder is planning to take my roof off on Monday, that should be the signal for a good coating :sad2:

5teve L
27-11-2010, 21:55
Nothing in West Sussex... will be travelling to East sussex tomorrow so hope it stays that way...

REGGY5GT
27-11-2010, 22:17
a couple of inches in shropshire, ive been in hospital for a week having my appendix out plus another little complication with me spline so its not bothering me,lol:coffee:

wrightygtt
27-11-2010, 22:59
just icey roads this way, took the gtt out earlier, pissing in the wind really. Time to maybe put the covers on and lock the old girl up i think:)

Andrew Cooke
27-11-2010, 23:01
a couple of inches in shropshire, ive been in hospital for a week having my appendix out plus another little complication with me spline so its not bothering me,lol:coffee:

stroke of luck that :D

Andrew Cooke
27-11-2010, 23:03
just icey roads this way, took the gtt out earlier, pissing in the wind really. Time to maybe put the covers on and lock the old girl up i think:)

hmm, I'm supposed to be taking the twingo down to Farnham tomorrow, don't be offended if I don't wave on the way past :(

reco
28-11-2010, 09:24
we have snow up here :)
only an inch or so deep and there is allot of ppl cant get up the wee hill outside my house heres hoping the van dosent get hit this year

modfather
28-11-2010, 10:16

i had to go to hospital yesturday :( was hoping for more snow so i couldnt get there but wont so lucky :crap:

reco
28-11-2010, 10:42
yip the snow has got deeper here and the misses is out with the kids i should have picked them up i wouldn't be so worried lol

Adey aka Ewok
28-11-2010, 10:54
nope nothing here:disagree:

BriC
28-11-2010, 11:05
Nothing in manchester

reco
28-11-2010, 11:06
pic of here with the van warming up
i realy need to clean that window lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/reco_101/CIMG0243.jpg

Mart
28-11-2010, 11:16
Win...

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
28-11-2010, 11:48
Win...

Now, thats my kind of snow scape...!;)

Os8472
28-11-2010, 12:39
Just some Frostt here in Brandon but the cold has got the 5, she's stuck at the future ex wife's house cus the hand brake won't release :(

Brigsy
28-11-2010, 13:38
-10 here lastnight apparantly, baltic aint the word! Too cold to do anything apart from sit in or go to the pub:D

Bass J
28-11-2010, 13:45
Snows pretty heavy here now. Im glad im unable to drive both of my cars cos ive had an operation lol ..i know my clio turbo wouldnt get out the street also:laugh:

philg
28-11-2010, 15:06
i have 12" of snow on my shed in the garden :cry:

dave r5
28-11-2010, 15:37
no snow here either :agree:

just -4 :disagree:

pubs and clubs realy should allow smoking inside again :smokin:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
29-11-2010, 21:58
Just started here.......it better be good!!;)

andyrg
29-11-2010, 22:17
i have 10inches here :) i measured it with my willy :)

Big Steve - Raider
29-11-2010, 22:19
i have 10inches here :) i measured it with my willy :)

Five times as deep eh? :p :laugh:

D4WNO
29-11-2010, 22:21
Snowed in Swindon at the weekend but I was in London..so haven't actually seen any yet :(

5teve L
30-11-2010, 09:23
Got a light dusting in West Sussex, maybe 1cm.

philg
30-11-2010, 09:28
This was my house this morning

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=883&pictureid=13990

Its still snowing too :eek:

Love the double garage, lucky git :)

phase i 16 v turbo
30-11-2010, 09:34
Still snowing in Hindhead, but not heavy enough to close the school.:cry:

Ashy
30-11-2010, 09:55
Love the double garage, lucky git :)

That was the main reason I wanted it :cool:

5teve L
30-11-2010, 10:55
That was the main reason I wanted it :cool:
& good to see the cars both outside, I hope it's like a workshop in there Ashy & not full of crap.. (like all 3 of my sheds:ashamed:)

Junglist
30-11-2010, 12:08
snowing here in north Germany not much but defo snowing ,, had to buy winter tires for the mondeon at the weekend :(

Ashy
30-11-2010, 12:51
& good to see the cars both outside, I hope it's like a workshop in there Ashy & not full of crap.. (like all 3 of my sheds:ashamed:)

Of course, the 5's in there turned at 90 degrees so its width ways cross the garage... Plenty of room to get round it with the welder!!

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Ashy%20172%20turbo/The%20Rebuild%202010%20-%202011/Body%20Work/DSC_0782a.jpg

Nearly finished now tho, should be going to paint after christmas :)

J8TRO
30-11-2010, 19:45
about an inch at the most but it still took me an hour to travel the whole 3 miles home, roads were not even bad, people just drive so slow and panic, its pathetic!

Once I got home:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/j8tro/DSC_0242.jpg

Brigsy
01-12-2010, 13:52
More snow here last night/today, ice under fresh snow is fun:eek: Have been unofficially snowed off all week from work :D

D4WNO
01-12-2010, 14:58
Snowed yesterday in Swindon but now it's just lumpy ice on the paths and FREEZING cold!!! Brrrr

I can't really get snowed off work as I have a laptop to work from home with if I can't make it the entire 1mile into the office.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
01-12-2010, 20:51
Drove to Watford and back today, set off from Pembury in Kent, (which had 'quite a bit if snow'!!!). No gritters or ploughs to be seen on M25, made it to Watford... Not a single flake of snow there...:confused:
Got back tonight, still no gritters or ploughs on motorways!!!
The car I took was a brand new fiesta.... Absolutey ****e in the snow!! No traction, crap on brakes and wipers froze, so practically blind all the way there and back. Would have preferred my old cinque sporting, but sold that recently:(

modfather
01-12-2010, 21:07
heres a pic i had sent to me from the inlaws in stornaway ( the island above scotland) it dont seem to bad up there, i was told there is a wind chill of -19

The new Bill J
01-12-2010, 21:30
.....i was told there is a wind chill of -19

That's pretty warm compared to some areas up in Scotland isn't it? The weather reports earlier were saying that some areas could have an air temp' of -25 tomorrow night. God knows what the wind chill will be :eek:

J$£5GTT
01-12-2010, 21:40
That's pretty warm compared to some areas up in Scotland isn't it? The weather reports earlier were saying that some areas could have an air temp' of -25 tomorrow night. God knows what the wind chill will be :eek:

there ok up there with there mint cake etc....we are down here with our special brew..

Penfold aka The Dealer
02-12-2010, 08:46
been snowing alittle here...
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/sexychrissmith/Snow%20Decmeber%202010/DSC01975.jpg

Rob1980
02-12-2010, 08:56
Yep Ashford is at a stand still. My First day off work because of the snow or should I walk the 3 miles....... Thought about it and no I should not.:santa:

Mart
02-12-2010, 09:11
Makes me laugh; we've had over a foot of snow up here, and double that in Northumberland & parts of Scotland, yet life goes on, it doesn't cake up the news (or daily rags) for days on end with the same old same tales of woe, yet London & the South East get a 24hr dumping and it's 'breaking headline' news, front-page of every newspaper, airports close, motorways gridlock, shoppers panic-buy, blah blah blah.

I bet the drive down to my folks tomorrow afternoon will be fine for 3/4's of the journey, then a fecking nightmare as soon as I hit the M25 :rolleyes:

And...relax :D

Bigfoot
02-12-2010, 09:16
They didn't even bother gritting any of our roads here last night, had about 4-5" of snow, no problems getting into work, but seems that people cant drive, they see a little bit on the road and they automatically wont go out of first gear and drive everywhere slowly. A bit of common sense dont go far really and you can drive anywhere really.

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 09:32
We had another dumping of snow last night, and STILL there's been no gritters. Even the M25 hasn't been gritted round my way :laugh:

car.crash
02-12-2010, 09:36
After watching "the only way is Essex" are you surprised you got left out haha.

5teve L
02-12-2010, 09:37
My 5 on the drive last night & then again this morning, & my back garden this morning...

djinuk
02-12-2010, 10:07
ive been using my r5 in it daily, touch wood its been fine, however the eagle f1's on teh front seem a little useless in the snow.

James5
02-12-2010, 10:11
Sunny Henfield about 40 mins ago, no pic of the 5 as tucked away nicely in the garage:D

Up until today I have been getting to work in the zafira but the zaf has now been blocked in by 2 cars whom I have no idea whom own them as there none of my neighbours:crap:

Bigfoot
02-12-2010, 10:23
After watching "the only way is Essex" are you surprised you got left out haha.

ha ha had J tell me about that, flicked over to that channel, its annoying hearing the voices on the streets but on a tv programme wtf does anyone want to hear them talking like that :crap:

modfather
02-12-2010, 10:35

:agree: now they have frozen water pipes

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-12-2010, 10:49
I made an effective snow cannon out of the works pressure washer...;)

modfather
02-12-2010, 11:01
I made an effective snow cannon out of the works pressure washer...;)

sounds like fun :laugh:

Bigfoot
02-12-2010, 11:14
Has anyone heard of this?

AS OF TOMORROW ANY VEHICLE/CAR DRIVING AROUND WITH SNOW ON THE ROOF THE DRIVER IS LIABLE FOR A £60 FINE AND 3 POINTS

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 11:18

AS OF TOMORROW ANY VEHICLE/CAR DRIVING AROUND WITH SNOW ON THE ROOF THE DRIVER IS LIABLE FOR A £60 FINE AND 3 POINTS

:agree:

When we had all the snow earlier on this year, the OB were pulling people over by my work and fining them.

clee
02-12-2010, 11:23
fascists :sad2:

5teve L
02-12-2010, 11:25
:jerkoff: As if things aren't bad enough for people

:agree:

When we had all the snow earlier on this year, the OB were pulling people over by my work and fining them.

Sy5GTT
02-12-2010, 12:16
It's common sense. If the snow on your roof falls on to your windscreen at a junction or falls off and hits someone elses car and causes an accident who will be to blame....YOU! I can't believe some of the drivers on the news with a foot of snow on their roof's. :sad2:

rat1
02-12-2010, 12:30
the thing that gets me is the amount of cars i see around my way were they haven't bothered to clear the windows and try to drive down the road looking through a small gap at the bottom of the screen just like a tank driver :scratch::eek:

Bigfoot
02-12-2010, 14:00
But they also say you cant leave your car running when nobody is in the car. So if your stuck in a traffic jam, do you have to turn off the engine, climb out and sweep the roof just as your about to move incase something falls off :confused:

Ricardo
02-12-2010, 17:02
I live near Rayleigh in Essex, about 6 miles west of Southend. It's been snowing since Monday night, in some places it's a foot deep. I live in a cul-de-sac and that's had no salt or any attempt to be scraped and cleaned of snow since the start. The main roads have had grit and they're brown and slushy but to get to the main road from where i live it hasn't been touched. The Clio is covered in a foot of snow on the roof

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 17:26

jokers anything to get money out of a driver what is the police playing at :eek:

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 18:01
I say fair play - It's about time something was done :agree:

There's been plenty of times I've been following someone, and a feckin lump of snow the size of a small country flies off their roof, and into my car. Then, as Ray said, you've got the bellends who think that clearing a tiny square of snow off of the windscreen, just so they can see where they're going, is absolutely fine - Ignoring the side windows, rear window, headlights, tail lights, the lot :mad:

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 18:17

There's been plenty of times I've been following someone, and a feckin lump of snow the size of a small country flies off their roof, and into my car. Then, as Ray said, you've got the bellends who think that clearing a tiny square of snow off of the windscreen, just so they can see where they're going, is absolutely fine - Ignoring the side windows, rear window, headlights, tail lights, the lot :mad:

then but if i have a hi top van and i cant reach the top to take the snow off and it gets 5 inchs on the top but that ok to leave that tho cos its a van yes or even a lorry what a load of rubbish dont see van or lorry drivers cleaning it off do you and the police dont do **** about them do they

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 18:19
then but if i have a hi top van and i cant reach the top to take the snow off and it gets 5 inchs on the top but that ok to leave that tho cos its a van yes or even a lorry what a load of rubbish dont see van or lorry drivers cleaning it off do you and the police dont do **** about them do they

its all one sided anything to get money our of a motorist
sounds like to me !

5teve L
02-12-2010, 18:23

1.There's been plenty of times I've been following someone, and a feckin lump of snow the size of a small country flies off their roof, and into my car. 2.Then, as Ray said, you've got the bellends who think that clearing a tiny square of snow off of the windscreen, just so they can see where they're going, is absolutely fine - Ignoring the side windows, rear window, headlights, tail lights, the lot :mad:

1.Fair enough now it's been explained like that, I can understand it, TBH its not something I actually thought about, & I bet not alot of other think about clearing the roof either...
2. Thats just totally mental :eek:

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 18:26

Then they shouldn't be used on the road! To be honest though, I don't recall seeing that many lorries with piles of snow on top - Most of them are kept in depots. The vast majority of van roofs can be reached with the use of brooms, ladders etc....

How would you feel if you were driving your car, and a huge chunk of snow fell off the vehicle infront, causing you to crash into someone/something? I'm sure you'd be kicking off!

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 18:26
We had another dumping of snow last night, and STILL there's been no gritters. Even the M25 hasn't been gritted round my way :laugh:

same here at jun 3 on the m25 sill no gritters no wonder people cant get to work :cry:
useless as nomal ho get the news we are better prepard than last year right o NOT

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 18:32
Then they shouldn't be used on the road! To be honest though, I don't recall seeing that many lorries with piles of snow on top - Most of them are kept in depots. The vast majority of van roofs can be reached with the use of brooms, ladders etc....

How would you feel if you were driving your car, and a huge chunk of snow fell off the vehicle infront, causing you to crash into someone/something? I'm sure you'd be kicking off!

no as i wouldnt be up the ass of the car or what ever in front of me and you are ment to make sure you have room in order to stop at any time for what ever resion that comes up !;) if you crash then its due to going to fast or tailgateing the car or what ever is in front of you highway code tells you this make sure there is loads of room in order for you to stop safely at all times

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 18:38
no as i wouldnt be up the ass of the car or what ever in front of me and you are ment to make sure you have room in order to stop at any time for what ever resion that comes up !;)

I thought you'd come up with a reply like that. Fair comment, but then you don't have to be sitting up the back bumper of the car in front. How about a car coming towards you on a bend, as they turn, a chunk of snow flies off their roof and into you? You're completely helpless, as the car's alongside you :cry:

Junglist
02-12-2010, 18:42
been snowing here all day and -6.5 ,it was -9 yeasterday :(

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 18:51
I thought you'd come up with a reply like that. Fair comment, but then you don't have to be sitting up the back bumper of the car in front. How about a car coming towards you on a bend, as they turn, a chunk of snow flies off their roof and into you? You're completely helpless, as the car's alongside you :cry:

no its no diffant if there is a lump of snow that is come off from a tunnal mate its all about speed you shouldnt be going to fast in order that you cant stop safely if you aint going fast then it shouldnt be a problem in stoping and cleaning it off your car
thats if your car get the snow on it that is as it would brake up unless ice is in the snow which would make it even heaver

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 18:55

the other thing if this did happen then they would have to be going some speed in order for it to fly over to your car as snow is not light as a block so it would hit the floor before hiting your car as i said unless you are to close to them which you shouldnt be due to them or you slideing or loseing control of your car due to snow or ice

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-12-2010, 18:57
Calm down girls....! Stop spoiling the thread....Moan somewhere else. Like via pm's....?

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 18:57
no its no diffant if there is a lump of snow that is come off from a tunnal mate its all about speed you shouldnt be going to fast in order that you cant stop safely if you aint going fast then it shouldnt be a problem in stoping and cleaning it off you car

:scratch: :laugh:

You can be doing 20mph round a bend. If a car that's less than a couple of metres from the side of you chucks a sudden chunk of snow at you, you've not got time to react!

OK then - How about if someone rear ends you because they haven't cleared the snow off of their car, and can't see properly?

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 19:00
Calm down girls....! Stop spoiling the thread....

I'm calm as a cucumber, you cucumber :cooter:

We're just discussing an issue to do with the snow, which I'm sure is what this thread is about :)

D4WNO
02-12-2010, 19:00
But what happens if the ice from your roof falls onto your own windscreen and you can't see anything doing 50mph+?!

How hard is it to clear it off your roof anyway? There's no excuse really bar laziness

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 19:03
the other thing if this did happen then they would have to be going some speed in order for it to fly over to your car

Not really. Snow is ice, car bodies are made of metal. Ice can slide across a smooth metal surface pretty easily once it's been loosened, which a constant stream of wind, and a bit of heat from the inside, can do.

rs250nut
02-12-2010, 19:03
Overnight we had roughly 4-5 inches of snow down here in Poole, loads of idiots on the road tailgating peering out of tiny holes in the windscreen.:dearme: so glad I have a proper diff in the German barge.

Junglist
02-12-2010, 19:05
its law in Germany that you must remove the snow and ice off your vehicle espeacally hgv`s befor you drive anywhere thats the roof also not just the windows at any speed as people have been killed after gettin their windscreen smashed in by it , though its not gona happen goin low speeds.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-12-2010, 19:20
Here we go again as some parts of the country grind to a halt.
Who has some?
Who doesn't have some?
Who is loving it or hating it? (Jessop in the GT obviously due to the pics)

Matt5

Nope, I can't see where it says 'moan'.

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 19:20
:scratch: :laugh:

You can be doing 20mph round a bend. If a car that's less than a couple of metres from the side of you chucks a sudden chunk of snow at you, you've not got time to react!

OK then - How about if someone rear ends you because they haven't cleared the snow off of their car, and can't see properly?

dont matter you speck to any insur comany and they will tell you if someone hits the back of your car it is the car behinds fault no matter what or who is at fault i have had this myself not so long ago as my insur comany will not fight it mate even if it was not you at fault for hitting the back of other car,all you will get is that you was speeding or that you was to close to the car in front and should have made room in order to stop in time the other thing its hard to prov that the snow come off there car in order to make a claim all that will happen is the other driver will say is that you was speeding and thats y you hit the back of him end off you havent got a leg to stand on easy pay out here you come ££££:coffee:

JRP
02-12-2010, 19:30
UTTER ****e:crap:

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 19:32
Nope, I can't see where it says 'moan'.

:laugh:

So you're expecting one word answers to your questions, and people aren't allowed to elaborate/discuss, on a discussion forum?

Go play in the snow or something! :D

D4WNO
02-12-2010, 19:32
It doesn't matter how insurance would treat it, I'd rather not be involved in an accident at all!!!

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 19:35
dont matter you speck to any insur comany and they will tell you if someone hits the back of your car it is the car behinds fault no matter what or who is at fault

Yep :agree:

I'd still rather not be hit at all though. I don't want someone writing my car off, no matter how much their fault it is :cry:

mr white
02-12-2010, 19:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-syLh4JV0

cool snow sculpture :laugh:

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 19:45
It doesn't matter how insurance would treat it, I'd rather not be involved in an accident at all?!

:agree::agree:

no one does thats y its called a accident

raider_gtt
02-12-2010, 19:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-syLh4JV0

cool snow sculpture :laugh:

mummy loves it i bet she wishs her old mans was that big :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-12-2010, 19:51

So you're expecting one word answers to your questions, and people aren't allowed to elaborate/discuss, on a discussion forum?

Go play in the snow or something! :D
Sometimes one word answers for some people would work best...?

I for one, are in the 'like' the snow section.:p

The new Bill J
02-12-2010, 19:58
Sometimes one word answers for some people would work best...?

I for one, are in the 'like' the snow section.:p

Only if they're one syllable.....

Maybe you should have made this a poll :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-12-2010, 20:00
Looks that way now.....Hindsight is a great thing isn't it?:crap:
Wasn't expecting people to gas on about stupid laws and sh1te I suppose.....good ole RTOC.
'Ho Ho Ho' merry grumbles everyone!:laugh:

Dudders
02-12-2010, 21:41
:agree::agree:

no one does thats y its called a accident

this will make you laugh, at work we are not allowed to call them road accidents anymore! they get called road traffic collisions, because if we call them accident it implies that no-one is to blame whereas in a collision, someone is always to blame.......apparently (insurance has always gotta blame someone).......personally think its boll*cks

and to add to this i was hit by a snowball about the size of a football whilst travelling up the A3 today, three lads were chucking them at on coming traffic on the motorway thinking it was funny as hell and as i only caught sight of what they were doing at the last minute i almost put the van into the armco when it exploded on the windscreen. just glad there wasnt any bits of grit or stones in it or i could have been in big trouble. little tinkers:mad: