PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak

Fishey
24-11-2010, 20:38
Anyone had problems with water leaks in the boot? I seem to be getting some right at the back!

The number plate lights have bits chipped out of them, just wondering if this is enough to let water in?

J$£5GTT
24-11-2010, 20:47
maybe the boot gasket has got a split in it,take a peek..dont rule out nothing when it comes to water,it can track from weird places,could be coming in under the rear light trims through the wire holes(once it grabs a wire can track along that),or you could have a hole in the arch like i did once an it can spray up into the boot,window gasket?....ideas...
:):agree:

Fishey
24-11-2010, 20:50
What i really need to do is get in the boot and get someone to spray it with a hose pipe, just thought id see if there is any common places first!

J$£5GTT
24-11-2010, 21:01
all that i have mentioned really.....hose pipe is ok but bit of an unfair test i reckon..

Alastair
25-11-2010, 07:01
Anyone had problems with water leaks in the boot? I seem to be getting some right at the back!

The number plate lights have bits chipped out of them, just wondering if this is enough to let water in?

Common areas - corrosion in the rear arches (lookunder the funny shape black grills) and also under the sound deadening on the inside rear arches.
...boot floor to arches are spot welded and seam sealed, check for corrosion along the sides and rear edges.
...boot lid corrosion under the black seal, remove the inner panel and have a look at the metal that holds the glass in, this lets water dribble in and is quite common.
:agree:

car.crash
25-11-2010, 08:42
Boot window would be my guess.

Fishey
25-11-2010, 20:25
As much as I don't want to say it, probably is the window seal, is a bit of rust round it. :( looks like a new tailgate might be in order next!