PDA

View Full Version : Tempature gauage

spinner
24-11-2010, 10:02
Right guys just after abit of help really.Ive just finshed my prima racing 1.7 conversion but i seem to be getting quite high water tempature readings on my gauage.

I have fitted a new pace alloy rad and 82'c stat but the gauage sits above half way when driving even is this weather.Was wondering if you guys think i could be a dodgy temp transmitter.Ive spoke to markey mark and he thinks this could be the case or the fact i need to fit a gt turbo temp transmitter to match the gauage.Just after a few more peoples views before i change the transmitter.

Many Thanks

TrixNFlix
24-11-2010, 10:10
Right guys just after abit of help really.Ive just finshed my prima racing 1.7 conversion but i seem to be getting quite high water tempature readings on my gauage.

I have fitted a new pace alloy rad and 82'c stat but the gauage sits above half way when driving even is this weather.Was wondering if you guys think i could be a dodgy temp transmitter.Ive spoke to markey mark and he thinks this could be the case or the fact i need to fit a gt turbo temp transmitter to match the gauage.Just after a few more peoples views before i change the transmitter.

Many Thanks
Marks right. Either change the temp sender or live with it, fan kicks in near the top of the gauge.

spinner
24-11-2010, 11:00
Marks right. Either change the temp sender or live with it, fan kicks in near the top of the gauge.

Yeah i'll give that a try then as i dont really want to live with it the way it is.:)

Guv
24-11-2010, 15:57
I had the same problem with my 5 gtx b18ft, i changed my volvo b18ft temp transmitter to the gtx transmitte, sorted:)