PDA

View Full Version : Bright / Racing Blue colour

J8TRO
23-11-2010, 19:26
Apart from me looking at photos and thinking they are very close. Can anyone actually tell me how close Renault RB and the blue used on the wheels and stickers on the white 996 GT3 RS actually is?

Or can anyone point me to a web site where i can find out?

Trying to match the Porsche colour, so far the Renault colour looks very close.

Thanks

clee
23-11-2010, 19:31
:scratch:

very close ?

J8TRO
23-11-2010, 20:01
I think so? Maybe your thinking of a different blue?

J8TRO
23-11-2010, 21:02
Check the photos.

D4WNO
25-11-2010, 11:47
The Porsche blue is a lot more turquoise than the Renault in real life. Are you not able to get hold of the actual Porsche blue then?

J8TRO
25-11-2010, 12:24
The Porsche blue is a lot more turquoise than the Renault in real life. Are you not able to get hold of the actual Porsche blue then?

Tried searching the net, got a reference of Adriatic blue, however some geek fest porsche site states the wheel colour is not on the official paint code list.

Alastair
25-11-2010, 14:35
I matched my colour by ringing up a car paint supplier and asking, they were really helpful. They sold me two different tester pots for a fiver to check before i went ahead - i still use these for touch ups. :agree:

J8TRO
25-11-2010, 14:46
I matched my colour by ringing up a car paint supplier and asking, they were really helpful. They sold me two different tester pots for a fiver to check before i went ahead - i still use these for touch ups. :agree:

TBH, the colours not far off yours. What colour is that?

I need to give a reference to the powder coaters. I presume they can get any colour, or does the PC process limit this?

Sam Fish
25-11-2010, 15:00
most powder coaters are limited to a selection of colour I think.
If you want an exact colour, you would have to get it wet sprayed. Any car paint supplier would be able to find the paint code if you tell them the car and year.

Alastair
25-11-2010, 19:30
TBH, the colours not far off yours. What colour is that?

I need to give a reference to the powder coaters. I presume they can get any colour, or does the PC process limit this?

Colours are Renault F1 blue Fonce (spelling from memory!) Renault F1 Blue Claire, cant remember which is which, sorry. i have it written down in the UK. Good luck getting a match.:cool: