PDA

View Full Version : Williams/16 valver seats in a 5

scratcher
27-10-2008, 20:14
i've been looking a gettin a set of williams or valver front seats for my car. will they bolt straight in a gtt or will there be some faffin about?

c5 swh
28-10-2008, 19:12
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

im intrest in this aswell, the clio 16v/williams seats are excellent :cool:

Big Steve - Raider
28-10-2008, 19:20
Bugger I wish i knew about this before i threw the set i had in a skip a few weeks ago...... :cry:

Anyway i can confirm that the subframes that bolt the seat to the car chassis are totally different than 5's but after you take all of that lot off the bottom of the seats you're left with a flat subframe you can retro fit the 5 Subframes onto & then job's a goodun!! :D

scratcher
29-10-2008, 18:11
cool, cheers for that steve. i'll have to get a set and a hammer and see how it goes.
probably gunna get slated for this.... whats retro fit?

Jay
30-10-2008, 18:01

Retrofit
1.to modify equipment (in airplanes, automobiles, a factory, etc.) that is already in service using parts developed or made available after the time of original manufacture.
:D

scratcher
30-10-2008, 18:42

Retrofit
1.to modify equipment (in airplanes, automobiles, a factory, etc.) that is already in service using parts developed or made available after the time of original manufacture.
:D

so blue-tac is out of the question?
i suppose a bit of trial and error is on the cards for me. just need a set of seats now :)

scratcher
02-11-2008, 20:04
i got a mint set of phase 2 valver pues for 50 squids earlier and as big steve said they are well'a different :( i don't wanna hack my subframes up to fit them, and the clio ones are too wide to fit.
does anyone fancy helping me out? :D