PDA

View Full Version : too much pre load?

SCHWARTZ
21-11-2010, 15:31
is it poss to have too much preload on the actuator? I have wound the rod in as far as poss as i forgot about the bleed valve on the end of the pipe that comes off the boost controller:ashamed:(if that makes sense). I have the boost i want but didnt know if it may damage the actuator. The actuator rod sits about 13mm from the waste gate arm, the actuator opens fine and i don't get any waste gate creep but just don't want to damage anything :scratch:

James5
21-11-2010, 19:11
is it poss to have too much preload on the actuator? I have wound the rod in as far as poss as i forgot about the bleed valve on the end of the pipe that comes off the boost controller:ashamed:(if that makes sense). I have the boost i want but didnt know if it may damage the actuator. The actuator rod sits about 13mm from the waste gate arm, the actuator opens fine and i don't get any waste gate creep but just don't want to damage anything :scratch:

:laugh::dearme: Gary what you like if it's holding the boost you want all is fine matey:laugh::burnrubber:

SCHWARTZ
21-11-2010, 19:27
yer thought itd be fine just didnt want to damage the diaphram if thats poss:scratch: gona take it out for a drive in a bit to see if the injectors can fuel for it:sos: Hows yours going now you plonker:cooter::laugh:

James5
21-11-2010, 19:39
yer thought itd be fine just didnt want to damage the diaphram if thats poss:scratch: gona take it out for a drive in a bit to see if the injectors can fuel for it:sos: Hows yours going now you plonker:cooter::laugh:

Shhh not told anyone else yet:laugh:

Playing 5 tomoz as got day off work:D just to get things runing right and set things up again as I have done some chnage, so need to check afr's are ok.

SCHWARTZ
21-11-2010, 19:42
sounds good. dont worry i wont tell:rob::laugh:

SCHWARTZ
21-11-2010, 19:43
and i did basicly the same thing:ashamed:

James5
21-11-2010, 19:50
and i did basicly the same thing:ashamed:

I feel a bit better now:D:laugh: