PDA

View Full Version : Fecking ebay agian

philg
20-11-2010, 11:59
i have sold a few gt parts recently.

I was selling a ecu for a gt turbo, i was contacted from someone in Madeira wanting me to post, i said no problem as long as the postage was covered. He agreed.

I went backward and forwards 3 times to the post office because the weight was over 2kg, he decide after the auction was finished he would not pay the £32 it was going to cost.

I got it under the 2kg and posted.

Now its arrived its broken, well theres a surprise, there is only one way this is going to end paypal will give him his cash back and im down £50.

This can not keep happening, it happened all the time when i used to sell a few records.

advice guys, the post office do not want to help from past experience.

modfather
20-11-2010, 12:04
what i would do is ask him to provide proof of the damage (pics)
im sure that you can make a claim against the post office for the item being damaged

philg
20-11-2010, 12:13
what i would do is ask him to provide proof of the damage (pics)
im sure that you can make a claim against the post office for the item being damaged

Done this before mate, sent a £20 record that got damaged, photo of the item before and of it broken along with the proof of ebay sale, i was sent a book of stamps.

Im fecked basically

The new Bill J
20-11-2010, 12:25
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: If ever you're going to use Royal Mail for anything of any importance/value, use Special Delivery ONLY! Yes, it costs more, but it's the only service that's treated with any sort of importance, and it's fully tracked/insured. In my book, if the buyer refuses to pay for SD - tough. They don't get it!

Sorry to hear of your problems. Paypal/Ebay are getting worse and worse at siding with the buyer :mad:

philg
20-11-2010, 12:31
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: If ever you're going to use Royal Mail for anything of any importance/value, use Special Delivery ONLY! Yes, it costs more, but it's the only service that's treated with any sort of importance, and it's fully tracked/insured. In my book, if the buyer refuses to pay for SD - tough. They don't get it!

Sorry to hear of your problems. Paypal/Ebay are getting worse and worse at siding with the buyer :mad:

Totally agree, he stated he would cover any extra costs after the auction finished then went back on his word when i told him the cost to post it abroad, managed to get the weight down to keep his postage costs down and him happy, but its me that gets shafted.

modfather
20-11-2010, 12:42
every time i have sent items out of the uk i have used a courier mainly because they work out cheaper than the post office. i just sent some lights which weight in at 3kg to portugal and the post office quoted me £40 i sent them via a courier for £25.
what part of the item is broken

philg
20-11-2010, 12:49
i maybe wrong here.

I bought my car as a rolling shell a non runner, when i stripped it for painting everything was removed.

There was a an ecu with the car, everything looked ok, so i have sold all the spare bits on that i did not need and posted the ecu off.

He has had it apart and i think the damage has been done to the inside, someone owning the car before me has tampered with things.

I did not know and never had it apart before sending it, i did not even know they came apart.

I have some pictures he has just sent me, im having difficulties because of the language barrier, so at first i thought the thing was smashed up on the outside.

Looks like my bad and i will refund his money.

modfather
20-11-2010, 12:54
i maybe wrong here.

I bought my car as a rolling shell a non runner, when i stripped it for painting everything was removed.

There was a an ecu with the car, everything looked ok, so i have sold all the spare bits on that i did not need and posted the ecu off.

He has had it apart and i think the damage has been done to the inside, someone owning the car before me has tampered with things.

I did not know and never had it apart before sending it, i did not even know they came apart.

I have some pictures he has just sent me, im having difficulties because of the language barrier, so at first i thought the thing was smashed up on the outside.

Looks like my bad and i will refund his money.

a question to ask is why did he take it apart

philg
20-11-2010, 12:59
a question to ask is why did he take it apart

honestly i dont know, do you think he is tying it on, he has all good feedback and i would not be able to tell if it is mine from the picture.

phil

modfather
20-11-2010, 13:08
honestly i dont know, do you think he is tying it on, he has all good feedback and i would not be able to tell if it is mine from the picture.

phil

anything is possible. he must of needed 1 due to his not working. i just dont see why he would want to take it apart for really. if i brought 1 i would plug it in if it dont work then i would question the seller about it. myself if i sold an item and found that the buyer took it apart (for what ever reason)that would make the sell void

Andrew Cooke
20-11-2010, 13:09
did you really send it with the pipe broken off the diaphragm bit?

tiff_lee
20-11-2010, 13:11

I've started doing this now as it s the only way to cover yourself. With regards to selling outside of the uk I dont usually bother as its just too much hassle and not worth the effort, if anything I just get a fully insured quote which is usually extortionate and the buyers never get back to me anyhow.

raider_gtt
20-11-2010, 14:04
saying about this i bought inner valve springs on here hi 5 glan sent them recoreded 1st class when they got here didnt have to sign for them the post guy didnt even no there were 1st class recoreded lol what a joke told glan i got the springs and have a clam back if you like as i didnt sign for them :agree:

jonnyshaw49
20-11-2010, 15:27
ebay is a joke when it comes to disputes, the seller always gets put last, i sold some sideskirts for a fiat bravo , didnt say what they was made from.in the listing section it asked for the manufacturer of the product or the manufacturer of the car the product fits so i put fiat, sent them out, buyer emailed me saying that they was made of fibre glass and not genuine, which i never said they were, but because i put fiat in the listing section they sided with the buyer made me refund buyer and told buyer to destroy product because wasnt genuine. so i lost out on £120!!!!

philg
20-11-2010, 16:15
this was the item before i posted it, i certanly did not notice any dammage.

SCHWARTZ
20-11-2010, 16:35
looks to me like he's broken it to get his money back. the kinglead connection dosnt break that easily and how the vacuum pipe connection has snapped off is beyond me. in your pix you can clearly see the king lead connection is fine and the vacuum pipe is there so should be connected to something. If you still got his address go round there and **** him up;)

TrixNFlix
20-11-2010, 16:40
If you still got his address go round there and **** him up;)

Im not messing around with u gary! :eek:Better get that plane ticket booked then Phil, and feck him up :mad::D

tiff_lee
20-11-2010, 16:41
looks to me like he's broken it to get his money back. the kinglead connection dosnt break that easily and how the vacuum pipe connection has snapped off is beyond me. in your pix you can clearly see the king lead connection is fine and the vacuum pipe is there so should be connected to something. If you still got his address go round there and **** him up;)

Lets not forget he is in Madeira!

SCHWARTZ
20-11-2010, 16:53
Madeira:sad2: didnt see that:ashamed: got to weigh up your cost in time and effort and how much youre loosing then.:(

SCHWARTZ
20-11-2010, 16:54
Im not messing around with u gary! :eek:Better get that plane ticket booked then Phil, and feck him up :mad::D

clear youre in box or else andy:laugh::wasntme:

tiff_lee
20-11-2010, 16:55
Madeira:sad2: didnt see that:ashamed: got to weigh up your cost in time and effort and how much youre loosing then.:(

meh go go gadget arm!

TrixNFlix
20-11-2010, 17:08
clear youre in box or else andy:laugh::wasntme:

Yes sir!:scared::sos:

SCHWARTZ
20-11-2010, 17:25
Yes sir!:scared::sos:

:laugh::cooter:

philg
20-11-2010, 17:25
if you look on the 1st picture you can see an oily greasy patch which matches up with the one on the picture before i sent it.

Either way if he is trying it on, he will get his money back through paypal if he logs a complaint.