PDA

View Full Version : Help with a few bits?

wrightygtt
19-11-2010, 15:39
Hello since the start of the moist weather I've had my car parked up and went to start it the last few times, it runs but stinks of fuel and is very juddery, took it round the block and theres no power their, just builds up gradually maybe missing, but not sure just wondered where to look?
Secondly my rad fan isn't cutting in, this was the first to go the other day, thats why I parked it up (at no point did i let it over heat) and now its juddery. Pretty sure its electrical, but why the smell of fuel? My mechanical knowledge it limited, it was running spot on for the last couple of months, like I say untill the crap weather

Cheers

James5
19-11-2010, 15:45
Hello since the start of the moist weather I've had my car parked up and went to start it the last few times, it runs but stinks of fuel and is very juddery, took it round the block and theres no power their, just builds up gradually maybe missing, but not sure just wondered where to look?
Secondly my rad fan isn't cutting in, this was the first to go the other day, thats why I parked it up (at no point did i let it over heat) and now its juddery. Pretty sure its electrical, but why the smell of fuel? My mechanical knowledge it limited, it was running spot on for the last couple of months, like I say untill the crap weather

Cheers

Juddery as you say could be down to missing and hence the smell of fuel, check the dizzy cap for moisture,

wrightygtt
19-11-2010, 15:49
cheers mate, I'll look into it.

dangerous dave
19-11-2010, 16:22
clean out the dizzy as said above, and the rad fan might be the relay located behind or near the drivers headlight.. pull it and and give it a shake, a rattle is often a knackered one.. some get skanky connectors so a sand papering and a few in and outs should sort that..

if your rad sensors gone you can bypass that with a piece of wire jammed in the connector.. tests if the fan etc is running ok:)but dont leave it in there:p

wrightygtt
19-11-2010, 17:17
cheers chaps, have a little look tommorrow, isn't alot, should be something even a mechanical retard like me can sort:)