PDA

View Full Version : whos in a job they dont enjoy

djinuk
18-11-2010, 09:15
Just questioning whos in a job they dont enjoy..

I enjoy my job which involves working for a roof tile manufactuer within techniacl and measuing up drawings, estimating, and offering technical guideance on suitability of products.

However, it now feels abit dead, and my wages are pretty piss poor.

philg
18-11-2010, 09:42
Me, i hate it, i have been running my own business for 8 years now, if i could get similar money working for someone else i would be away.

Trust me holidays, sick pay, pension i would love it. Its not all its cracked up to be, but it has given me a comfortable life.

Is anyone really happy in their job though?

J8TRO
18-11-2010, 09:43
Me.........but you know that...........update on my thread soon. I'm currently studying maths and physics again!

clee
18-11-2010, 09:46
I've not had any work not to enjoy for about two months now :rolleyes:
Time to give up on the plastic design stuff ,bores me to tears now anyway after nearly 30 years .

djinuk
18-11-2010, 09:49
Me.........but you know that...........update on my thread soon. I'm currently studying maths and physics again!

I look up to what your doing man, my child hood dream, just deep down i know i wouldnt have the brains/cash to ever do it.

J8TRO
18-11-2010, 09:51
You ever looked in to it? its more about determination and commitment. If you have basic maths skills and good hand eye coordination you should be fine.

Have a look about. Got to be honest, the main thing that stops everyone is the money. I'm having to sell my house to fund it! great!

TrixNFlix
18-11-2010, 09:54
Me, i hate it, i have been running my own business for 8 years now, if i could get similar money working for someone else i would be away.

Trust me holidays, sick pay, pension i would love it. Its not all its cracked up to be, but it has given me a comfortable life.

Is anyone really happy in their job though?

Yeah but Phil, you would find something to winge about even if you won the lottery! :cooter:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-11-2010, 09:55
I have two jobs.... That's why I'm sooooooo tired all the time.... Yawn!
Day job is crap, the other job is good....

J8TRO
18-11-2010, 10:01
I have two jobs.... That's why I'm sooooooo tired all the time.... Yawn!
Day job is crap, the other job is good....

Buttler in the buff? :p

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-11-2010, 10:42
Buttler in the buff? :p

Heh! You been peeking...?
Nah, nothing that exciting.... Work for Renault as the day job, build race cars for the other job.....

wrightygtt
18-11-2010, 17:31
I honestly love my job, no lie. Self employed repairing, painting cars on more money than I ever was in a bodyshops, come/ go start as I please, no two days are the same. Its not any easy trade either/ so you've got to be on the ball.

5alldaway
18-11-2010, 17:39
im in a job i dont particularly enjoy, but then i think about all the perks of my job(being on my ps3, lap top, chatting to people, friends dropping by) and i realise im actually having it pretty damn easy

and compared to my previous job its a million times better, so i guess i should just stop moaning and crack on :)

jimmy_b
18-11-2010, 17:59
i wouldnt say i hate my job but i wouldnt say i love it either. im a mechanic working for a mazda/kia dealer, money is chap but it is everywhere in the trade unless ur your own boss but then u've got all the over heads and paperwork :sad2:, and its just the same thing day in day out....... dont really get any "special" cars in either to brighten up the day, but i guess thats what the apprentice is there for lol

mike r5 gtt
18-11-2010, 18:36
im a mechanic and i love my job but the main dealer i work for is a s**thole and nearly all the people are t**ts
also the product is poo which is why i am looking for a new job but i think its better to have a job than not atm

car.crash
18-11-2010, 19:53
i love my job but the money is not great, but it must be a nice place to work as many of our staff commute an hour and some even more each way daily.

mr bean aka pete
18-11-2010, 21:42
I love what i do in my job and the guys i work with but my pays piss poor and the management are idiots with no prospect of a payrise anytime soon and trying to save for a deposit on a house is a no hope :crap: so next year me thinks pasters new for me :coffee:

bod 182
18-11-2010, 22:18
Was working for a firm which i hated in the end after 9 years,jacked and started up on my own im a electrician.:)

warpspeed
18-11-2010, 22:20
I would say i kinda enjoy my job, has it's pro's and con's.
at the moment i'm 2 days into a 28 day trip on a tug/workboat as a motorman/engineer, so that's another 26 12 hour shifts before i get home, possibly bad weather, dangerous at times depending on job/crew :crap:
in the uk just now but maybe Germany next week and should have been on my way to Africa now for 1-4 months, i just go where the work is.
I then get up to 28 days at home paid to play on my cars or i can cash in leave for less time at home and more mony for the cars.:D
I am thinking about other stuff just now though as the danger element is quite high, although not as bad as when i worked on fishing boats around Shetland and the North Sea!:eek: