PDA

View Full Version : Electric windows

Jonny5
15-11-2010, 23:15
My electric windows will now no longer work since my respray.
Ive ran a current direct to the motors and they work perfectly up and down on both sides. The central locking is also working fine off the interior button so have eliminated the door looms. Had a look at the two 30amp fuses for the windows an there fine so a little confused, also had a look on the wizard an cant really find anything to help. Any ideas guys..please.

BriC
16-11-2010, 08:07
I had this issue with mine. It turned out to be a bad connection from the loom to the motor. The connector block which goes into the motor has a plastic case which can be removed. I just removed that, cleaned up the terminals, and plugged the terminals back in without the plastic case. Job sorted.

SCHWARTZ
16-11-2010, 18:24
I had same problem also turned out to be this connection. I found if i gave the door a smack near the hinge below the window on the plastic they would come back to life but not for long so cut out the connector:D

J$£5GTT
17-11-2010, 18:07
I had this issue with mine. It turned out to be a bad connection from the loom to the motor. The connector block which goes into the motor has a plastic case which can be removed. I just removed that, cleaned up the terminals, and plugged the terminals back in without the plastic case. Job sorted.

:agree:...if it does work with the plastic case on after its pushed home you can if you look at it get a tiny zip tie around it to keep in place....had to much hassle with mine thats why i have campus winders....
:)

markey b
18-11-2010, 11:04
brown plugs in the bottom of the A pillars, window wires are the thick green and orange ones :)

Jonny5
18-11-2010, 17:43
Thank guys, ill give all the above a try, :)

Jonny5
20-11-2010, 16:35
Tested everything last night have got 11.66v goin to the brown plug on the A pillar on the car side when the switch is pressed. Also the same voltage to the black plug that goes direct to motor again when the switch is pressed. Used contact cleaner on the plugs and got loads of gunk out. Connected it all back up, still didnt work...so stripped some wires out of an old engine loom an connected the window side brown plug direct to the car battery would you believe it they work!:scratch: connected them back up thinking direct current would jump start the motor an they still dont work. So have proved the motor the switches the car wiring, door loom an all connecting plugs to be ok an still no moving windows.

SCHWARTZ
20-11-2010, 16:38
try not pushing the plug(that sits in the door at the top and connects the motor to the brown plug) all the way together for some reason this worked for me no idea why but i removed it in the end any way.

Woznaldo
20-11-2010, 20:56
Don't forget that you need current for the motors to work. If you have a single strand of wire connected you will get a good voltage indication. Try jumping a section at a time, this should point at the offending area.

Jonny5
20-11-2010, 21:21
Im finding the two wires in this case green and orange and touching the black an red spikes of the meter onto each one. Is this what you mean?

Woznaldo
21-11-2010, 00:49
Im finding the two wires in this case green and orange and touching the black an red spikes of the meter onto each one. Is this what you mean?

Not really. If you get a new length known good wire of the same or larger gauge, then put in place of the original run of wire.

For instance, the connector block under the dash, direct to the motor. If that works, then the original section of wire is at fault, or the connector at each end.

SCHWARTZ
21-11-2010, 01:23
or do a continnuity(cant spell) test with the multi meter this will show up a break in the wire.