PDA

View Full Version : hybrid turbo

matty j
13-11-2010, 21:19
im well chuffed took my turbo into midland turbos as i had alittle play and excessive smoke and queried about a hybrid as im not sure what they are.

got a phone call later on telling me that the one i had took in was a hybrid consisting of a standard base housing t2, t25 spindal housing thingy and t28 spindal/internals

had them rebuild it and fit a 360 bearing so should be good to go on when its warmer to fit.

does this sound a good turbo as they seemed extremly happy with the set up of it but said it was unsual?

ow and it cost me £446.89 including vat for the refurb

BluntyR5GTT
14-11-2010, 06:44
sounds like a decent turbo mate should be nice and punchy on the road :) get it whacked up to 20psi and of course make sure the carb is set up properly.

£446 for the rebuild ? :eek: iv had a couple prices now dearest was about £325 cheapest £245

matty j
14-11-2010, 08:45
sounds like a decent turbo mate should be nice and punchy on the road :) get it whacked up to 20psi and of course make sure the carb is set up properly.

£446 for the rebuild ? :eek: iv had a couple prices now dearest was about £325 cheapest £245

I thought it was an ok price especially with the 360 bearing and the new actuator with it, hay bhp would 20psi see me?