PDA

View Full Version : One way valves

UnstableCable
13-11-2010, 19:01
Been having some problems with idling and brakes going soft so decided to take a look at the one way valves as pritty much ruled everything else out!

When i got them of and blew through them they were both opening and letting air passed one way and not the other as they should but there quite a difference in the pressure needed to open them!

One was very easy, and the slightest blow would open the valve and the valve would flutter as I continued to blow but with the other one I had to puff quite hard to get it going!

My question is should they be both the same, taking the same pressure to open them both and if so which one is doing the job as it should be and which one is knackered!?? :scratch:

T

SCHWARTZ
13-11-2010, 19:16
when i took off my one way valves the one for the brake servo was quite easy to open and the other one was blocked off and very hard to open im guessing seized as it hadnt been openin Would have thought they should be easy to open but also seal straight away with little pressure

UnstableCable
15-11-2010, 13:35
Ok that makes sense, i have 4 spares now, 3 of them are easy to get the valve to open and ones again takes abit more of a puff! Will try swapping em over so I have 2 easy to open valves on the car!