PDA

View Full Version : brakes

philr5t
06-11-2010, 10:35
morning all thought i would ask others opinions with my problem trying to bleed the brakes, the problem i have is getting the fluid from the resovoir bottle down to the master cylinder never had a problem like this before and it has really puzzled me, why do the easiest jobs turn to the hardest :mad:

what i have tried

i have had the resovoir bottle on pressure with the bleeding kit but cant get it the the m/cylinder

took a brake line out the cylinder and still no joy under pressure with fluid coming through pumped the pedal with the brake line out and all it does is squirts old fluid out the master cylinder

any thoughts anyone could it be possible the 2 black pipes could be blocked from the pot to the cylinder or has the cylinder packed in :scratch:

philr5t
06-11-2010, 16:12
anyone :scratch:

Dave Reed
06-11-2010, 16:55
Erm not sure if this will help, but, you are opening a bleed nipple on the caliper rite??

philr5t
06-11-2010, 16:59
Erm not sure if this will help, but, you are opening a bleed nipple on the caliper rite??

yes mate :laugh: i have tried it with the nipples out

Dave Reed
06-11-2010, 17:11
:D just thought I'd check... And you are pumping the pedal with the blead nipples of?

Rite so you can take the one of the brake pipes of the MS and get fluid out, ye?
Have you tried the nearest caliper to the MS? (I no you normally start furthest away).

philr5t
06-11-2010, 18:54
:D just thought I'd check... And you are pumping the pedal with the blead nipples of?

Rite so you can take the one of the brake pipes of the MS and get fluid out, ye?
Have you tried the nearest caliper to the MS? (I no you normally start furthest away).

i have had all the nipples out mate and still get not even no air coming through the calipers with pumping the pedal and having the bleed kit pumping at the same time and still no joy mate when i took one break line out the m/cylinder nothing comes out at all unless i pump the pedal and it blows out a bit of old brake fluid it really has puzzled me as i have bled breaks on quite a few cars over the years and have never come accross this problem before dave it almost sem as if there is a blockage in the m/cylinder as i cant get any fluid into it or a blockage in the 2 black pipes that go from the resovior pot down to the m/cylinder :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Matt Cole
06-11-2010, 20:02
i have had all the nipples out mate and still get not even no air coming through the calipers with pumping the pedal and having the bleed kit pumping at the same time and still no joy mate when i took one break line out the m/cylinder nothing comes out at all unless i pump the pedal and it blows out a bit of old brake fluid it really has puzzled me as i have bled breaks on quite a few cars over the years and have never come accross this problem before dave it almost sem as if there is a blockage in the m/cylinder as i cant get any fluid into it or a blockage in the 2 black pipes that go from the resovior pot down to the m/cylinder :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Master cylinder seal may have died.

philr5t
10-11-2010, 09:26
Master cylinder seal may have died.

problem solved new m/cylinder fitted and now i have breaks cheers all :agree: