PDA

View Full Version : samco bleed valve o' rings?

chris290582
05-11-2010, 18:13
my samco top rad hose is leaking out of the bleed valve ever so slightly, not good.
i inspected the o ring that the screw in bolt sits on and its a bit perished, can i replace it with any o ring thats the same size from like a plumbing shop or summat?
or are they made of something special and have to contact samco?:scratch:

J$£5GTT
05-11-2010, 18:19
my samco top rad hose is leaking out of the bleed valve ever so slightly, not good.
i inspected the o ring that the screw in bolt sits on and its a bit perished, can i replace it with any o ring thats the same size from like a plumbing shop or summat?
or are they made of something special and have to contact samco?:scratch:

they are very tiny but you may get them from a plumbing specific shop,well worth a try...or if your mates with a heating engineer?...think the rtoc club shop used to keep them in stock....
:)

scott 5gtt
05-11-2010, 18:44
John guest speed fit 10mm super seal pipe insert works a treat will cost you 10p from a plumbers shop prise the o ring off and its exactly the same size. Job sorted.

SCHWARTZ
05-11-2010, 19:44
make sure its defo the nipple leaking tho not like mine that was leaking between the insert and the pipe:sad2:

chris290582
05-11-2010, 20:24
make sure its defo the nipple leaking tho not like mine that was leaking between the insert and the pipe:sad2:

yeah i thought it could be that but i checked it by wiping it dry and inpecting where the leak came very closely, came from between the o ring and base of the metal insert. o ring has a small split and is a bit flat.

chris290582
05-11-2010, 20:25
can this small leak draw air into the system?