PDA

View Full Version : rear window removal

djinuk
02-11-2010, 09:50
I can see the rear window on the r5 in the hatch is simply a pop out window however im just wondering how you actually go about popping it out without damaging it.

5teve L
02-11-2010, 10:44
Just get something thin but pretty stuff under the rubber on the inside, slide it along & push the window at the same time, once it starts to go it's easy & you can pretty much tug/lift it out from the other side.

Chris Hebden
02-11-2010, 10:51
Doesnt the string method work with the rear window? Rap a length of string around the edge of the outer part of seal, tighten the string which pulls in the seal letting the window go?

Smokey
02-11-2010, 13:28
Piece of cake, even i done it, there are three fixings one at the year and one top an bottom of the window near the center piller, these are just cliped in by plastic just get something sharp an pull the plastic pin out on all an then the window will just pop out. Just have someone ouside the car to hold it from dropping before taking the pins out. :rob:

Mat

Bass J
02-11-2010, 13:53
Doesnt the string method work with the rear window? Rap a length of string around the edge of the outer part of seal, tighten the string which pulls in the seal letting the window go?

I kno this works with the mk1 clio ..as we did this when we resprayed it :) ..i think it should be the same as the 5

Gttnutter
02-11-2010, 15:23
Piece of cake, even i done it, there are three fixings one at the year and one top an bottom of the window near the center piller, these are just cliped in by plastic just get something sharp an pull the plastic pin out on all an then the window will just pop out. Just have someone ouside the car to hold it from dropping before taking the pins out. :rob:

Mat

that'll be the sides not the rear glass

J$£5GTT
02-11-2010, 18:00

removal as 5teve L says..the string method as you mention is how you refit the rear glass,its best to use a real good quality cord for this,the kinda sort you get on blinds for windows etc...
:):agree:

Smokey
03-11-2010, 08:27
that'll be the sides not the rear glass

ha ha my bad. :rob: