PDA

View Full Version : afr readings

SCHWARTZ
01-11-2010, 19:55
wound the boost up slightly to 1 bar. Im seeing afr readings of 14.5-15 at idle general driving is around 14's and at wot high 12's to 13's. If i let off the throttle and coast along in gear the readings go off the scale and see 22's i assume this is the norm with efi??

Haz
01-11-2010, 23:46
turning up the boost shouldn't really affect afr's off boost. and the reg will incease fuel pressure as boost increases, to a point anyway. the airflow meter needs turnin up a bit tho, the rest is nice but on wot thats far too lean,12.6 is the highest you want, and thats for drag setup close to the limit, realistically 12.2 is the highest for road use. wats the afm set at at now? 350-450 ohms?

James5
02-11-2010, 15:02
Get it sorted Gary, your taking me dogging in your 5 tomoz eve:cooter:

SCHWARTZ
02-11-2010, 18:28
the afm is as standard as i understood it would not need adjusting due to using standard injectors.:crap: i get how to adjust the afm but how do i read it is it a case of using the multi merer on 2 terminals if so which 2?
dont worry matey it will be sorted;) nearly thought it was all over when i lost all power and the revs went mental:crap: turned out that the blanking plug i had used on the inlet had ****ed off:laugh: easy fix.

TrixNFlix
02-11-2010, 19:12
2 outside connections gary :agree:

SCHWARTZ
02-11-2010, 20:35
nice one andy.;) guess what were doing tomorrow james!:wasntme:

James5
02-11-2010, 20:52
nice one andy.;) guess what were doing tomorrow james!:wasntme:

:cooter::cooter: Think a few others might want a drive aswell:D

SCHWARTZ
02-11-2010, 20:55
I best get sorting out my doggy changes then:laugh:

SCHWARTZ
03-11-2010, 17:43
right the afr was set at 445ish ohms i did a whole turn clockwise and now it is at 513 ohms il see how it goes with it like that and go from there. Can someone tell me what i want to be looking at adjusting to sort the fueling at idle,part throttle, wot etc...?

Haz
03-11-2010, 18:55
your asking alot really, in std form they run 4psi on early and 7psi on later models. your wanting to double the boost but still get the fuel economy lol.
afm adjusts fuel more so at idle but across the range,
screw on throttle adjusts idle,
for part throttle fit an adaptronic lol.

whats the figures after the tweak?

SCHWARTZ
04-11-2010, 17:18
im not bothered about fuel economy just dont want to do any damage. After the adjustment at idle it is high 14's at light throttle it is from 13-14 and at wot goes down to 10 then creeps up to around 12. these results seem a lot better than they were but its still not perfect. Also when i let off throttle it goes really lean and the afr gauge reads error then as soon as i touch the throttle it goes back to 14-13's:scratch: Is this right and its just how efi is?? Also while letting off and on the over run there is a lot of popping from the exhaust. If im running slightly rich at wot does that mean i want to adjust the regulator then and adjust the afm to sort the idle??:confused:

Haz
04-11-2010, 22:23
similar readings to the 21 tbh. it goes lean as the ecu see's teh throttle bac to idle position so puts that amount of fuel in, hence the popping too. ile is high 14' s, nearly stoich so fine but if its revving high or low adjust the bypass screw on th throttle. if its to rich at wot it means up the boost lol.

SCHWARTZ
07-11-2010, 13:45
is the leaning out on the over run fine then? So for wot i want to adjust the maf sensor and idle its the tb brass screw?

Haz
07-11-2010, 14:29
yeah, its only lean cos the ecu isn't putting fuel through, its fine. tbh its only bein lean, above 12.2 on boost that will cause any damage, the rest is for driveability.
turn afm up so it fuels nice on boost, turn down to make it leaner, as ideally ya want between 11.5 and 12. then adjust idle using the bypass jet under the green cap on throttle, and idle revs usin the thrittle stop. you want to hear the std throttle position switch click as it opens and click when it closes (can be done with engine off)

SCHWARTZ
07-11-2010, 16:54
i have the butterfly set quite far open otherwise it it idles too slow, I have adjusted the tps so that it still clicks as soon as the throttle opens.dose the regulator get set to 3bar at idle (is it?) and then get left and the other adjustment is done with the maf and the brass screw on the tb??