PDA

View Full Version : Alt belt size...

5teve L
30-10-2010, 10:46
Anyone happen to know the number from halfrauds or the size for the alt belt ??
Lost mine last night, kept coming off @ high rpms (not hard when it's wet:burnrubber:) & then I totally lost it :(
Will have to look to see if it's on straight as well as I don't want it to keep coming off :crap:

WADDIE
30-10-2010, 11:38
not sure on the part number for halfrauds but here's a tip for ya...check the top alternator bracket that there is no marks on it where ya tighten the adjustment, mine used to slip all the time so i milled a new flat on it and used a bigger spacer to clamp the bolt to the bracket and it never came off again! ;) other peeps use a bolt behind the belt to stop it flicking off some peeps on here may put a wee piccie up of there's!?:)

James5
30-10-2010, 12:07
OE GTT is 1180 or is it 1175 x 10mm width knobled underneath:scratch:

5teve L
30-10-2010, 16:45
It's ok, Halfrauds actually came up trumps with the right belt !!
On closer inspection the alt & waterpump deffo weren't lined up, looked out by about 5mm :crap: loosened the bracket & re-tightened it pushed over & it looks much better now.
Just need to test it now....

Alastair
30-10-2010, 17:01
On closer inspection the alt & waterpump deffo weren't lined up, looked out by about 5mm :crap: loosened the bracket & re-tightened it pushed over & it looks much better now.

Steve, also worth checking the alternator bushes for wear/ovality. They are cheap from a renault dealership and a common cause for belts coming loose under high load.

James5
30-10-2010, 17:23

Glad you got it sorted matey:agree:

Dave Reed
30-10-2010, 17:32
Check the bottom pulley is on the right way round too... It has an arrow on it :D

5teve L
30-10-2010, 17:44
Check the bottom pulley is on the right way round too... It has an arrow on it :D
I'll check that but I don't think I had that off Dave... something else I can blame on James if it is :cooter::D

5teve L
30-10-2010, 17:45
Steve, also worth checking the alternator bushes for wear/ovality. They are cheap from a renault dealership and a common cause for belts coming loose under high load.

I may order some up just to be sure :)

James5
30-10-2010, 20:08
I'll check that but I don't think I had that off Dave... something else I can blame on James if it is :cooter::D

:laugh: Bottom pulley is on fine matey, i never lost or had ay probs with alt belt's on that lump must be alternator fixings:agree: