PDA

View Full Version : Ebay fees while selling a car ?

Scoff
25-10-2008, 21:39
So I put my old Citroen xantia on ebay, 200 quid buy it now. 1 day in to the 7 day listing someone clicked buy. OK, seemed like a genuine guy, 100's of feedback.... dragged his heels and decided he didn't want it. I called him a tosser, etc, and set about getting my fee back.

First up, turn's out I'd payed £28.50 !! £8.50 listing (insertion) fee and £20.00 final sale fee. So that was a rip off.

Anyhoo, I entered a non-paying buyer dispute (or mutual agreement, whatever it was called) and I will aparantly receive my £20.00 final sale fee back if the nob cheese agree's to drop it there. OK, but what about my £8.50 ? I mean, I loose more than that down the back of my couch each week but its the principal of it. Ebay will not refund me this even though it was one of their users that funked me over.

So, does anyone know if I can get my £8.50 back, and if not has anyone received an explanation from Ebay detailing why they find it acceptable to shaft people like they so aparantly do.

Kraig
25-10-2008, 21:51
The only real way to do it, is relist it for 208.50.
If it sells for that price you will get your original listing fee back, plus the extra 8.50.

BUT for this to work make sure when you are relisting that it states 'This relisted item qualifies for relisting fee credit' or whatever it says.

You get some on tits on ebay, i always say dont judge the book by its cover with regards to feedback, some of my best transactions have been with low rated users.

Oh and it costs £20 FVF wether you sell the car for £20 or £1999.99 :eek:

Scoff
25-10-2008, 21:54
kraig, yeah, I'm guessing that's the only way. still, I'd rarther the 8.50 came out of Ebay's pocket than a buyers.

OUTLAW
25-10-2008, 21:55
you should not have to pay a final sale fee if you do not sell the motor, i had the same problem....you should get this money credited back. e-mail ebay, and explain about the "final sale fee":agree:

Kraig
25-10-2008, 21:56
and if not has anyone received an explanation from Ebay detailing why they find it acceptable to shaft people like they so aparantly do.

Oh and i don't think ebay are capable of an accurate response which hasnt been copied and pasted from they're user agreement,rules etc.
I sent 6 emails to them once to get the answer to one question, and still after all that my quetion wasnt answered! Oh but quick enough to take your cash off you though, ignorant c*nts!

Scoff
25-10-2008, 21:57
Outlaw, yes, I'm getting that back, its the initial listing fee that I'm grumbling over :(

dave j gtt
25-10-2008, 22:09
as i understand chris , if you have not sold item they will let you relist :) for free.

so if you get the £20 notes back you can reuse the £8.50 listing and advertise the car once more. bla bla bla ;)

Kraig
25-10-2008, 23:10
as i understand chris , if you have not sold item they will let you relist :) for free.

so if you get the £20 notes back you can reuse the £8.50 listing and advertise the car once more. bla bla bla ;)

That is only if it sells the second time around. :(

Scoff, what has your communications with the 'buyer' been like?
What i mean is if you go to the buyer and say, 'look you've 'bought' my car, and mesed me around, i will get my FVF back, but because of you im still 8.50 out of pocket, fancy coughing up quick time, before i lose my rag!' do you think he would go for it, or is he just a total t*sser?

I take it the way ebay see it is, the seller pays to advertise on the site, and obviously if the item sells they want they're commiision. If it doent sell, then as far as ebay is concerened (wether that be genuine non sale or crappy buyer), thats fair enough, but because the seller 'rented' space on the site then they want paid for it.
What makes this worse is as a seller you can no longer leave negatve feedback for the timewasters, although im sure stricter rules have been enforced with regards to unpaid item strikes.

Scoff
25-10-2008, 23:49
Kraig, thats it in a nut shell I suppose. Ebay want paying for the service of hosting my advert, allbeit only 1/7th of the time I've payed for. It's a bit of a con, but it's their business I guess and I agreed to their T+C's when I chose to upload an advert.

Communication with the seller was pretty blunt.

Nayls
26-10-2008, 00:16
i dont ever put buy it nows on ebay incase this happens!

you should just start the auction at the price you would put as a buy it now,it will then definitely run the full time + there's a chance it could go for even more than you want.
if someone views the car & make's a good offer you just end the auction,saves you paying final value fee's ;)

dangerous dave
26-10-2008, 00:38
i make an ad and wait till i get someone asking me if i will sell outside ebay.. i tell them to pop over quick sharp and well talk ££ before i remove the listing.. near always try to strike a deal outside now as the fee's just keep on coming, advert, final sale, paypal...:crap:

ebays a pain in the ringpiece

Chris.
26-10-2008, 09:05
First post!

And to make it worse you carnt even leave him negative feedback. Ebay's gone all in favour of the buyer.

dave j gtt
26-10-2008, 14:36
That is only if it sells the second time around. :(

Scoff, what has your communications with the 'buyer' been like?
What i mean is if you go to the buyer and say, 'look you've 'bought' my car, and mesed me around, i will get my FVF back, but because of you im still 8.50 out of pocket, fancy coughing up quick time, before i lose my rag!' do you think he would go for it, or is he just a total t*sser?

I take it the way ebay see it is, the seller pays to advertise on the site, and obviously if the item sells they want they're commiision. If it doent sell, then as far as ebay is concerened (wether that be genuine non sale or crappy buyer), thats fair enough, but because the seller 'rented' space on the site then they want paid for it.
What makes this worse is as a seller you can no longer leave negatve feedback for the timewasters, although im sure stricter rules have been enforced with regards to unpaid item strikes.

maybe your missing my point , if the item has not been paid for in full, It has in effect not sold , you can relist for free and the £20 wont be charged unless you sell and recive payment and sell thru ebay.if it has i am sure you can claim it back.

Kraig
27-10-2008, 20:22
maybe your missing my point , if the item has not been paid for in full, It has in effect not sold , you can relist for free and the £20 wont be charged unless you sell and recive payment and sell thru ebay.if it has i am sure you can claim it back.

What i meant was if the item doesnt sell the first time, then you can relist it.
But it has to sell the second time around to get the first insertation for free, or else you end up pay the insertation twice.

Amber5GTTurb
30-10-2008, 09:21
The first time I used eBay I bought something for about £40 and never received it. The advert was wrong and I couldn't get in contact with the seller. Told eBay and they didn't wanna know. They never did anything and I never got my money back.:mad:

Guybrush
30-10-2008, 09:44
The first time I used eBay I bought something for about £40 and never received it. The advert was wrong and I couldn't get in contact with the seller. Told eBay and they didn't wanna know. They never did anything and I never got my money back.:mad:

Paypal are really good for clawing your money back.

I've raised 2 disputes so far. It took 30 days, but i got my money back both times, even after one of the sellers gave paypal a fraudulant tracking number for the "missing parcel".

BriC
30-10-2008, 09:56
One question Scoff (totally unrelated).. Did you call him a Tosser to his face?