PDA

View Full Version : fixing front bumper on ????

dave j gtt
22-10-2010, 20:41
I have a new oe bumper.

A pair of new side brackets.

Question is how do i fix brackets to bumper.

in the bumper side bracket packet there is only two screws , so am geussing these are for fixing bumper to the car.

any help much appreciated, regards dave

J$£5GTT
22-10-2010, 20:55
the brackets that fit to inside of front bumper,ones that attach from inside front wheel arch should have two torx bolts as oe spec,the bolt that holds it on is identical to the rear bumper bolt.
:)

dave j gtt
22-10-2010, 22:01
Think i have found the answer... 4 self tap screws needed for both brackets, 2 each side??????????????????. Both side needs 2 :crap: !

I only got sent 2 and they have washers, maybe thats because they are used with the little metal clips that i was also supplied, these metal clips fit on onto brackets to fix bumper to car.

i dont know :confused:

dave j gtt
22-10-2010, 22:02
be back in 5 well maybe 10 mins, tell you what it looks like once i put it on.

J$£5GTT
24-10-2010, 22:15
Think i have found the answer... 4 self tap screws needed for both brackets, 2 each side??????????????????. Both side needs 2 :crap: !

I only got sent 2 and they have washers, maybe thats because they are used with the little metal clips that i was also supplied, these metal clips fit on onto brackets to fix bumper to car.

i dont know :confused:

yep those metal clips slip over the bracket an the bolt then goes through that,there very similar to speed nuts....the actual brackets i guess could be just fixed with correct size self tappers but oe has torx heads screws.
:)

markey b
25-10-2010, 14:47
torx on rear, 10mm on front i think, although renault being renault probably just used whatever was to hand