PDA

View Full Version : removing hub

r5 rich
19-10-2010, 22:21
I have removed the drivers side hub no problem, come to do the passenger and everything is removed except for the track rod end which is holding it in. I have loosed the nut fully to the end of the tread and wacked it with a hammer so that the thread is not damaged and no luck. I have sprayed it with wd40 and left it to see if that would help and still no luck.

I don`t really want to cut the track rod end and would like to remove it the correct way but just seeing what other methods I could use!

Purple_rob
19-10-2010, 22:40
You should be able to shock it out by hammering the hub part the track rod sits in.

I've always done it like this and if it's not crazy tight in the you won't damage the hub arm.

Tony Walker
19-10-2010, 22:42
get someone to pry on it with a large bar then hit it, or try hitting the hub instead of the thread this shocks it and releases it. U can be a bit more brutal hitting the hub right by the joint, carefull you dont go bending the hub tho :D

dangerous dave
19-10-2010, 22:46
You should be able to shock it out by hammering the hub part the track rod sits in.

I've always done it like this and if it's not crazy tight in the you won't damage the hub arm.

i dont do it any other way, whacking the track rod fecks its and often enought a splitter fecks it..

whack away rich, whack away,:smashpc:

Tony Walker
19-10-2010, 23:08
Mr ackerman cringes :D