PDA

View Full Version : setting up for 18psi

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 17:32
im looking to run 18psi on the standard injectors using a rising rate regulator as advised by chris (scoff) but if the injectors cant fuel for it i will run 15psi. What i want to know is what do i have to do to allow me to do this? I have removed every little ad-on to the engine idle control re-circ standard boost controller etc... I will be using a bleed valve and the actuator arm to adjust boost and have a scoff modded ecu. I know yo have to adjust the afm to 650 ohms for a bar of boost but would i need it to be adjusted to more like 700ish ohms for 18psi or would that just not work? and is a dumpvalve about the right size for a bypass???

Haz
19-10-2010, 19:01
seems ok. you only need a bypass for bigger than std injectors. afm settings are a guideline only, an afr gauge should be used for accuracy. if your using a rising rate fuel reg the afm readout will prob be fine near std tho. you'll be better keepin the idle control valve or it will idle high, the lambda as will contribute towards fuelling.

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 19:48
never got the lambada with the engine and no longer have the idle control valve:sad2: so i dont need a bypass as im using standard injectors and i dont need to adjust afm due to the rising rate regulator, so can i just wind up the boost and watch the fueling then?? I have a afr gauge so i can keep an eye on whats going on. not really to fussed about the idle as its only a weekend warrior so not to important

philg
20-10-2010, 08:32
Same question here, i have mine running its currently running 4psi with a vac pipe of the inlet to the gauge in the car, t'ed into dash gauge, im guessing thats right.

I had thought with air filter and straight through exhaust boost might be up a bit on standard :confused:

I have the orange injectors, bigger than standard but not as big as the reds. I have no bypass pipe and want to run up to 18psi, i had a word with dave and he said just to wind it up.

I fitted my bleed valve last night and tried to wind my boost up to about 10psi just till i put 1000 miles on her, i have the bleed valve between the actuator and the vac pipe outlet that comes from the standard t2, is that correct as i could not get a rise in boost when adjusting?

Thanks phil

SCHWARTZ
20-10-2010, 18:36
you may need to adjust the actuator arm as it may not have enough preload;)

philg
21-10-2010, 08:01
you may need to adjust the actuator arm as it may not have enough preload;)

Explain mate, sorry :confused:

SCHWARTZ
21-10-2010, 17:15
the arm that comes off the actuator that holds the wastegate penny shut. If there is not enough preload the exhaust gasses will open the wastegate before the actuator. This may not be your prob but worth a check;)