PDA

View Full Version : 5's back home

SCHWARTZ
18-10-2010, 20:07
just drove the 5 back today from the test station:D went really well feels very quick but wasnt reading any boost:scratch: but was reading vacuum think the actuator needs adjusting. started to get hot on the gauge also (3/4 line) but when i touched the rad and the pipes it wasnt that hot:confused: Last few little bits need sorting like fine tuning the fueling, boost and cutting a few holes in the bumper for some better air flow to the rad. hopfully it will all be sorted soon in time for the surrey meet:D. again i would like to say a big thanks to anyone who has helped me no matter how small you all know who you are;):D

James5
18-10-2010, 20:21
Good work matey:agree: glad it's finally on the road

SCHWARTZ
18-10-2010, 21:12
so am i:laugh:

dave r5
18-10-2010, 21:20
:agree::agree::agree:

SCHWARTZ
18-10-2010, 21:23
cant wait to get it on the road when its all sorted and open him up and see what he can do :burnrubber::D

TrixNFlix
18-10-2010, 22:54
Well done Gary, top work :agree::)

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 17:20
cheers guys was all down to everyones help;):D

phase i 16 v turbo
19-10-2010, 17:39
Look forward to seeing it at the Surrey meet. Well done:agree:

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 18:38
yer should be there;)

James5
19-10-2010, 18:45
yer should be there;)

Gary Shouldn't that read yes will defo be there in the raider with 1.7 turbo :laugh:

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 18:49
as we know all raiders are 1.7 turbo:cooter: mines number 47 scribbled on the dash wits some blue crayon:wasntme:

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 18:51
i just dont want to jinx it:scared:

Haz
19-10-2010, 19:08
congrats. sounds like your wastegate is open ot vac ppes are mixed up? if you using reno gauge/volvo sensor it will read high and fan wont kick in til it looks like its gonna overheat ;) dont chop your bumper unless you really want to, if its gettin really hot there's a problem so only masking it.

SCHWARTZ
19-10-2010, 19:35
think i had the boost controller wound right off:ashamed::laugh: have been messing around with the rad fan looks like when the relay gets wet (which it does ****ing bonnet louvers:mad:) it earts out i get a big spark and the fan only just starts to turn:sad2: i have some time on sunday so im going to try earthing it somewhere else. Was thinking of cutting the holes in the bumper to help cooling but mainly to make the most of the intercooler as half is covered by the bumper:rolleyes:

philg
20-10-2010, 08:37
Great stuff that two volvo powered 5s on the road in a week :)

phil

SCHWARTZ
20-10-2010, 18:35
Great stuff that two volvo powered 5s on the road in a week :)

phil

:agree: just need to pay for insurance and tax now:sad2:

SCHWARTZ
27-10-2010, 22:04
Insurance and tax now sorted so took the 5 out for its first drive:D it was running slightly lean at idle afr's of 15 but nothing that a slight twist of the regulator cant sort but was getting afrs of 10 at wot and general 14's/13.5's while cruising. THe car went really well extremely quick at 0.8bar of boost so should be very quick at the intended 1.2bar:burnrubber::D very pleased with it, it ran cool never creeped past half way on the temp gauge even while giving it some stick, Dosnt look like i will have to cut holes in the bumper but may do it anyway to make the most of the large intercooler:D I will be keeping it at 0.8bar boost for a little while until all the little niggles are sorted and as my new alloy rad has arrived i can change the coolant and oil then turn the boost up:D Again id like to thank anyone who has helped me as im so pleased with the car:D

philg
28-10-2010, 10:00
good stuff gary :)

James5
28-10-2010, 10:45
Insurance and tax now sorted so took the 5 out for its first drive:D it was running slightly lean at idle afr's of 15 but nothing that a slight twist of the regulator cant sort but was getting afrs of 10 at wot and general 14's/13.5's while cruising. THe car went really well extremely quick at 0.8bar of boost so should be very quick at the intended 1.2bar:burnrubber::D very pleased with it, it ran cool never creeped past half way on the temp gauge even while giving it some stick, Dosnt look like i will have to cut holes in the bumper but may do it anyway to make the most of the large intercooler:D I will be keeping it at 0.8bar boost for a little while until all the little niggles are sorted and as my new alloy rad has arrived i can change the coolant and oil then turn the boost up:D Again id like to thank anyone who has helped me as im so pleased with the car:D

Glad it's all up and running, looking forward to seeing it at the next surrey meet:agree: :laugh: low 10's @ WOT, think you need to turn that boost up now matey, don't want bore wash:laugh:

SCHWARTZ
28-10-2010, 21:16
the boost will be wound up purely to sort out the fueling obviously:wasntme::burnrubber:

philr5t
29-10-2010, 10:56
top work gary well pleased for you getting the car done really would be good to see it on wednesday night looks like its just me and wallace left to get on the road now and marky mark but he is lucky as he still has the campus

well done mate :agree:

SCHWARTZ
29-10-2010, 17:19
cheers bud thanks for your idea about the water pipe. I cut it turned it around and looked at the water pipe to the turbo and it had nearly burned through after only 10mins driving:eek: close one:laugh:

philr5t
29-10-2010, 18:50
cheers bud thanks for your idea about the water pipe. I cut it turned it around and looked at the water pipe to the turbo and it had nearly burned through after only 10mins driving:eek: close one:laugh:

top stuff im glad my brain still has some useful ideas and hasnt all been used up on my 5 mate :agree:

SCHWARTZ
29-10-2010, 18:52
:laugh: good man im glad dont think my brain could take taking the engine out again:wasntme: