PDA

View Full Version : My R5

MADFIVE
17-10-2010, 21:32
7773 7774 7775

Hi, Just wanted to upload some photos of my car after all the work I have had done since Mallory Park. All that needs finishing is the external waste gate with screamer pipe which is all ready to go onto the car and then in the new year, I am having a full re-spray once I have saved the money up.

Hope you all like :)

p.s. Hope you like my daughter in the drivers seat! Sweet :laugh:

Nick k
17-10-2010, 21:44
Whats the pump looking thing bolted to the bulk head where the battery usually lives? :)

TrixNFlix
17-10-2010, 21:46
Whats the pump looking thing bolted to the bulk head where the battery usually lives? :)

water injection pump

benj88
17-10-2010, 21:48
paintwork looks tidy! :agree:

MADFIVE
17-10-2010, 21:50
water injection pump
yes that the aem water/methonal injection mix.

MADFIVE
17-10-2010, 22:00
paintwork looks tidy! :agree:

thanks i try my best at keeping it looking tidy. It will be mint after the re-spray next year. :agree:

BriC
17-10-2010, 23:00
That's well nice :agree:

rat1
17-10-2010, 23:01
love the pipe work blue,yellow,pink:laugh::laugh:

BriC
17-10-2010, 23:05
love the pipe work blue,yellow,pink:laugh::laugh:

Look red to me... don't even think you can get pink hoses.

dangerous dave
17-10-2010, 23:20
Look red to me... don't even think you can get pink hoses.

there Red but you can get neon pink from ViperPerformance, they do the 15 piece kit although not listed on there website.. the kits £220 for the 15 piece in standard colours not including the boost etc, then its 20% more for the pink and 30% for the white edition.. by the looks of things they didn't do the elbows in custom, only blue black red etc, so its wouldn't be 100% one colour, mix and match only:(

but i dont know this as i didn't look into neon pink:scared:

BriC
17-10-2010, 23:27
but i dont know this as i didn't look into neon pink:scared:

:laugh: Yeh... Right...

elcie
19-10-2010, 19:44
looking good, have you had it RR yet ?

I see you have also gone for a side exit now

MADFIVE
19-10-2010, 21:35
looking good, have you had it RR yet ?

I see you have also gone for a side exit now
yes ive had the side exit on for about a week now. i dont no the make of it but its straight through with no middle box its sounds amazing. yes had it RR and it was 233bhp at 24 psi.

BluntyR5GTT
19-10-2010, 23:25
whats the spec of that engine fella seems a cracking power output

TNT ANDY
20-10-2010, 06:46

I know - it's almost unbelievable:cooter:

chris290582
20-10-2010, 08:58
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

love your wheels mate.

MADFIVE
20-10-2010, 19:30
full automedic motorsports race spec engine built by justin that use to work at ep motorsports with ian nixon. :)

MADFIVE
20-10-2010, 19:40
I know - it's almost unbelievable:cooter:
i know what u mite be thinking but i was there with justin when he told me the power the car . its took me and justin 2 years hard work to get the car ware it is today. what would i gain from lying. Any queries call justin at automedic and he can tell u all about the car.

BluntyR5GTT
20-10-2010, 19:44
are you from around stoke fella ? if so wouldnt mind meetin up sometime have a look and maybe a little blast in the car

MADFIVE
20-10-2010, 19:59
are you from around stoke fella ? if so wouldnt mind meetin up sometime have a look and maybe a little blast in the car
i dont live in stoke mate i live in leicester but im going back up justins on 13th nov on a satday as i get to get the wastegate and screamer pipe fitted. im sure justin will take you for a spin. :agree:

TNT ANDY
20-10-2010, 22:43
i know what u mite be thinking but i was there with justin when he told me the power the car . its took me and justin 2 years hard work to get the car ware it is today. what would i gain from lying. Any queries call justin at automedic and he can tell u all about the car.

No No fella - not doubting you at all, rolling roads are notorious for guff results, and at the end of the day the only real way to prove it is on the track / strip. Years ago I was well chuffed to get 280 BHP from my C1J:dearme: Then got rinced by a 180bhp car. Point is, I will never know if the 180bhp car was 180 bhp, but I know now that mine was nowhere near 280bhp.

If you have got 240 - 250 nice one, that should really go well.

BTW - after that I took my car to 2 different local RR's and got 30bhp's difference between the 2. Same day. Same set up.

elcie
21-10-2010, 01:23
yes ive had the side exit on for about a week now. i dont no the make of it but its straight through with no middle box its sounds amazing. yes had it RR and it was 233bhp at 24 psi.

well it looks nice mate, alot better than that huge one i see and santa pod last year, I'm thinking off making one up like that myself with no midbox. That's a great figure i know you said you spent a lot of time, money and well spec'd up parts building that engine from the ground up.

MADFIVE
21-10-2010, 20:16
No No fella - not doubting you at all, rolling roads are notorious for guff results, and at the end of the day the only real way to prove it is on the track / strip. Years ago I was well chuffed to get 280 BHP from my C1J:dearme: Then got rinced by a 180bhp car. Point is, I will never know if the 180bhp car was 180 bhp, but I know now that mine was nowhere near 280bhp.

If you have got 240 - 250 nice one, that should really go well.

BTW - after that I took my car to 2 different local RR's and got 30bhp's difference between the 2. Same day. Same set up.
I see what you mean mate i am going to take it up the strip next year at pod. fingers crossed it goes well. :)

MADFIVE
21-10-2010, 20:20
well it looks nice mate, alot better than that huge one i see and santa pod last year, I'm thinking off making one up like that myself with no midbox. That's a great figure i know you said you spent a lot of time, money and well spec'd up parts building that engine from the ground up.
thanks mate. yes you have to get one on your 5 it sounds metal.:agree::agree::agree:

elcie
25-10-2010, 11:20
Will do, so have you got that spec list yet ?

Thundercat
03-11-2010, 16:03
Can't believe how good this car looks since i sold it two years ago, justin is the guy who built my ep motorsport engine and definetely knows his engines.

MADFIVE
04-11-2010, 20:26
Can't believe how good this car looks since i sold it two years ago, justin is the guy who built my ep motorsport engine and definetely knows his engines.
thanks mate for the nice words about the car. ive had the car nearly 3 years and got it off a lad called lee from castleford. did you sell it to him? yes justins a top guy and one of my best mates.

Thundercat
05-11-2010, 16:36
do you know bud i think time flys by to quick these days, must of been about 4yrs ago i sold that car. Sold it to a young lad called greg who fitted a front mount intercooler into the bumper, then he sold it on to another lad who had to replace front bumper and respray some bits. So lee may be that second chap.
Never met justin, but i am lucky to have an engine that he rebuilt after it went pop. He did the rebuild from his own garage if i recall after Epmotorsport went out of business. Will get the engine in my silver phase 1 before christmas and then get it set up with its new GT28 turbo.

MADFIVE
06-11-2010, 21:30
do you know bud i think time flys by to quick these days, must of been about 4yrs ago i sold that car. Sold it to a young lad called greg who fitted a front mount intercooler into the bumper, then he sold it on to another lad who had to replace front bumper and respray some bits. So lee may be that second chap.
Never met justin, but i am lucky to have an engine that he rebuilt after it went pop. He did the rebuild from his own garage if i recall after Epmotorsport went out of business. Will get the engine in my silver phase 1 before christmas and then get it set up with its new GT28 turbo.
thats sounds great. on the 13th november we are meeting at the nottingham knight in ruddington about 30 mins drive from lincon mate fancy coming? where meeting at 7pm? be great to meet you. :agree:

Thundercat
09-11-2010, 19:45
Thanks for the invite mate, unfortunately i'm know sold my red 5 so no GTs on the road. keep me informed of the meets and i will defo come to one when my phase 1 on the road.

MADFIVE
13-11-2010, 11:00
hi all just a quick update of my 5. its been at automedics with justin and tony for 3 days. its been getting a demon motorsports external wastegate with sreamer pipe and a new uprated down pipe. spoke to him this morning and its ready to pick up all the fuelings been set right and hes just taken it out for a test run and says it sounds amazing.:agree: i cant wait to get it and drive it home. See updated photos.8132

modfather
13-11-2010, 11:04
excellent news i bet you are well excited. cant wait to see the pics

MADFIVE
13-11-2010, 11:07
excellent news i bet you are well excited. cant wait to see the pics
i am mate i feel like a kid in sweet shop. :laugh:

modfather
13-11-2010, 11:13
i am mate i feel like a kid in sweet shop. :laugh:

:laugh: i think alot of people would be feeling like that. when are you picking it up

MADFIVE
13-11-2010, 18:06
well just got back from automedics in stoke took the car out with justin and the external wastegate sounds amazing also sorted the side exit tailpipe out looks and fits better. then just as im going home justin puts the car in reverse the back engine mount goes and lifts the engine and puts a small dent in the bonnet. :mad:. so ive got no car till tuesday. its a good job its going for a full respray in the new year. ps i will post some up dated photos. in a min for you all.

modfather
13-11-2010, 20:51
on the bright side atleast you got to here what it sounds like before the mount went

Danboi2
13-11-2010, 21:07
get some vids up when its sorted would love to hear this :)

MADFIVE
14-11-2010, 10:50
get some vids up when its sorted would love to hear this :)
This is my video of my r5. Use the link below and enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=external+wastegate+fitted+to+ r5gtt&aq=f

Woznaldo
14-11-2010, 11:16
Sounds awesome! Love it :cool:

Danboi2
14-11-2010, 19:00
Sounds like an aminal mate i bet your happy with that :)